Muskey's Landing

tightline

So were looking to book are walleye opener trip and I was considering Musky's place...I tried the search engine on here but it is far too random...Has anyone ever been?

Looks like a great deal 2 bedroom cottage and 2 boats for 115 for the weekend...lol...sold!!!

If any one has been or has some other recommendations I would appreciate some help...spent 5 hours yesterday searching the web for the perfect trip before turning to you guys

We have a 4 man crew so 1 cottage 2 boats and reasonable rates are a must

Thanks all

Edited by tightline

There boats are very small but should be ok for only 2 guys, that area is very shallow and the walleye are in very specific locations. The lodge itself is nothing fancy, you get what you pay for. Ask for the furthest room from the highway.

There are a few other areas on Georgian Bay that would be worth checking out for good walleye and are a little more secluded. try http://www.kenlea.ca/ or look into http://sawmill-lodge.com/

www.ontariomusky.com

Stayed there a few yrs ago in the motel nice people we asked about were to go for bass, pike & musky they helped us out, gave us a map & caught lots of Bass, a few pike & had a musky follow to the boat, I think we paid $80. or $90 for a room, we'll be back, never fished for walleye there

Richard :Gonefishing:

my girlfriend and i made a trip there last summer. the boats were good for 2 people and the lady running the place was really nice. I really didnt notice the noise from the highway, but i tend to fall asleep watching tv so that probably covered anything else. for a place to sleep and rent a boat its not too bad at all really, the girlfriend even wants to plan another trip there this year (so it cant be that bad).

ryan

I agree, the people running the resort are very nice and helpfull and I do recomend it. Make sure you have your fishing licences and boaters licence and no alcohol in the boat. Also there is a walleye slot limit and special size limits on Georgian Bay Musky. Musky need to be 54" or bigger, and the slot for Walleye is 16 to 22" (i think). The OPP and CO patrol that area heavily and I know the CO out there, he is very strict..