weekend chrome, bc style :)

spinnerdoc

tried a couple of times in the winter, and nothing but skunk...

well this weekend ended that..i was freezing in hip deep water when the first steelie hit...fought her a bit and was able to get her close to me, thought she was done and as i was trying to net her, had to drop the rod and kinda hold the middle of the rod to get her close enough to swing the net and i wasnt able to maintain pressure, she twitced and she was off. man i was disappointed. and she swam ever so slowly as if to taunt me.

a fellow angler saw me and was chatting with me a bit on how landing a fish like that is a bit hard esp with a 10.5 foot rod. better off coming to shore and landing it there.i realized why in the hell didn't i think of that....as we were talking i was putting roe on my hook and casted it out and bammmm... a hit ...i told him i'm coming to shore for this one, so i was fighting the fish and watching my step bec where i was, there were deep spots and shallow so had to watch my step....made it to shore and landed the fish. had another hit that day but broke off , i didn't tie the knot very well, but over all was a fine day.

i am new to steelheading, so getting tihis much action in a day put a wide grin on my face. now i don't feel bad for the days i have come out empty, it's a blast anyway everytime i get to go out and enjoy fishing and the scenery

here's the beauty that lived to spawn another year

P3260234-1.jpg

Edited by spinnerdoc

Awesome spinnerdoc :thumbsup_anim: Sounds like you had a great time out on the river's edge B)

Congrats on landing that beauty :clapping: but the link does not work for me.... may be you need to upload the pic to Photobucket and copy / paste the pic properties into your post.

I'd be nice to see your first!!!

Thanks for sharing

Leechman

thanks. actually this is my second landed. i can't find where the first pic, i caught it around early november. i had to admit fishing in the middle of winter having to manoeuver the float set up to avoid slush and ice..and of course ice on the guides and lines, frozen fingers, slipping a couple of times. in the beginning the floats were cocking nicely but after a while out of whack bec of ice weighing down the float and split shots....well i have no regrets. man some of the scenery makes up for all the challenges of winter fishing. tough fishing but worth it.

tight lines

Edited by spinnerdoc