finally steel!!!!

hendrix

went out today, i had my first rainbow trout bite, fight only lasted a couple seconds (huge fish and it hit a few minutes after the first cast, so it was unexpected)... but its a breakthrough!

my father caught his second trout ever, tiny little bugger only like 0.5kg, but it is bigger than his first one (which was the size of a big minnow :lol: ). so all in all GREAT fishing trip

edit: how do i attach pictures? i tried but i guess it didn't work..

Edited by hendrix

Congrads on your first solid encounter with steelhead.Just a little tidbit though... The ones that get off always seem to be the biggest one ever :)

Now that you got your icebreaker behind you and your confidence levels elevated you can now go back to the river with a clear mind knowing that your methods are sound. Thats really half of the battle. The other half is putting yourself in the right place at the right time....

Cheers !

Congrats! You are now on your way towards, living, breathing and dreaming steelhead for the rest of your life. There's no cure for it. You'll be looking at weather and river forecasts on an hourly basis in fall, winter and spring. You'll fondle dozens of centrepin reels and 13ft float rods in tackle shops convincing yourself that owning 1 just isn't enough and off the shelf factory rods just don't cut it. You'll never look at rabbits in the pet shop the same way again. Every bead, sponge, piece of yarn and wine cork you see in your daily life becomes more than the inanimate objects that they are. You get over stimulated when you see rain and anything emerald green in colour.

You just screwed yourself for life :clapping:

Now that you got your icebreaker behind you and your confidence levels elevated you can now go back to the river with a clear mind knowing that your methods are sound

Cheers !

after 2 years of trying, even if we didnt catch that fishie i would still be more than satisfied with that single bite. definitely a confidence booster. turns out these fish are actually possible to catch!

You just screwed yourself for life :clapping:

and im loving it :D