Orr lake is open

Cudz

Orr lake is open and there has not been any ice on it for 3 days. There are pike in that lake.

Little lake in Barrie still almost completely frozen as is Little Lake in midland. Wonder why Orr lake thawed so much faster.

orr lake is a spring fed lake, its small shallow and sandy, warming up fast, it has a minimal population of Pike ( in fact I have fished it dozens of times and never caught 1 ) it does contain a few bass and its one of those lakes a CO will visit due to its proximity to a major road.

Fishing it before bass opener IMO might lead to a charge just my simplton opinion

orr lake is a spring fed lake, its small shallow and sandy, warming up fast, it has a minimal population of Pike ( in fact I have fished it dozens of times and never caught 1 ) it does contain a few bass and its one of those lakes a CO will visit due to its proximity to a major road.

Fishing it before bass opener IMO might lead to a charge just my simplton opinion

I agree. I've fished it 4 or 5 times and only caught 1 pike. You'd be asking for trouble poking around there. The cottagers association on the lake is also right on top of things like this.

I have fished that lake a few times and I have actually caught about 5 pike. I am not going to fish it anyway, I was more surprised how much faster it lost its ice compared to the other similar (in depth and size) lakes.

I have fished that lake a few times and I have actually caught about 5 pike. I am not going to fish it anyway, I was more surprised how much faster it lost its ice compared to the other similar (in depth and size) lakes.

its part of a larger aquifir, with the wye coming out of it on the other end, no inlets just an outlet, Id have second thoughts walking on it in the winter due to all the spring water in it