Rice Lake in August

Hooked

I have booked a couple weeks at Rice Lake this year. Ideally I'd prefer at least the end of July, however, due to work committments I can only book it the last 2 weeks of August. I have been to Rice Lake countless times, however, it has always been beginning or mid summer, never near the end of the season. My question is, how is the fishing typically during the latter part of August? I'll be targetting walleye mostly, but will take advantage of the bass and panfishing as well.

I know I'll enjoy myself regardless, but am curious. Any input will be appreciated.

I have booked a couple weeks at Rice Lake this year. Ideally I'd prefer at least the end of July, however, due to work committments I can only book it the last 2 weeks of August. I have been to Rice Lake countless times, however, it has always been beginning or mid summer, never near the end of the season. My question is, how is the fishing typically during the latter part of August? I'll be targetting walleye mostly, but will take advantage of the bass and panfishing as well.

I know I'll enjoy myself regardless, but am curious. Any input will be appreciated.

Last year the walleye were still hitting pretty well in late July but went into a bit of a slump in Mid August. The bass have been stung pretty well by this time due to tournaments pan fishing is almost always very good I hope I havn't disapointed you but believe in telling the truth. also this is another year who knows what is going to happen No matter what you will catch fish The Mayor

You'll be in good water there. Find the deep weed edges and cast suspending cranks, or slow troll harnesses, and you'll get some eyes. Get in touch when your headed out, and I can give you some up to date info.

S.

I'm planning to do some fishing on Rice Lake this season too. Just wondering if muskie is a relatively common catch there. Is it worth while to target them? If yes I might get myself a decent muskie setup. I fished Sturgeon Lake quite a bit last year. And the muskie there will often come to grab my size 3 Mepps Aglia. I didn't catch anything really big though.

Yes, I often found the best walleye fishing to be on the southern/western side of the railroad tracks. So, you are located in a convenient spot.

I have never caught a muskie on Rice lake, but never targeted them there either [although, I am pretty certain I had one on my line May of last year, but never saw it]. They are definitely in the lake and I have seen some really big ones pulled up on occasion, but I wouldn't say it's common in my experience. I think most people would head to other Kawartha lakes, like Pigeon or Chemong, for muskie.

Yes, I often found the best walleye fishing to be on the southern/western side of the railroad tracks. So, you are located in a convenient spot.

I have never caught a muskie on Rice lake, but never targeted them there either [although, I am pretty certain I had one on my line May of last year, but never saw it]. They are definitely in the lake and I have seen some really big ones pulled up on occasion, but I wouldn't say it's common in my experience. I think most people would head to other Kawartha lakes, like Pigeon or Chemong, for muskie.

There are certainly musky in there, and usually, they're big ones. I don't see too many small ones out of there. I've only caught a handful, but I don't spend much time targetting them out of rice. There are other lakes with much better musky fishing in them, that are just as close for me.

s.