Moving to London

oates

Hey all (especially London people),

I'm planning to move to London just after walleye opener, had a few questions

1) I will be staying in North West London (Masonville), I would prefer to fish out of the city, is it worth my time exploring the thames on that end?

2) Are there walleye in the thames?

3) Is the Thames good around London, I have fished St. Mary's - that direction, am I better focusing on that side.

PS - would anyone recommend shore-fishing (docks) for perch now, or should I wait a few more weeks (targetting lake simcoe)?

Thanks again

Hey all (especially London people),

I'm planning to move to London just after walleye opener, had a few questions

1) I will be staying in North West London (Masonville), I would prefer to fish out of the city, is it worth my time exploring the thames on that end?

2) Are there walleye in the thames?

3) Is the Thames good around London, I have fished St. Mary's - that direction, am I better focusing on that side.

PS - would anyone recommend shore-fishing (docks) for perch now, or should I wait a few more weeks (targetting lake simcoe)?

Thanks again

I know a good spot for bluegills and some small largemouth just outside of town...

PM if your interested

TDunn

Walleyes in the Thames is mainly in the spring when they come up from the lake to spawn. Then they head back to the lake. But there will be some that stay in the river all year. I always catch a few over the summer while bass fishing.

The Thames is mainly a smallmouth bass and carp fishing river and they can be found just about anywhere. Fanshawe lake has always been known to give up a few perch as well.

The Thames has a pretty good year round walleye fishery....you just have to find them! As previously stated it is also a damn good Smallmouth Bass fishery, as well as Pike, Crappie, Rock Bass, Channel Cats, Gar Pike, Rainbow & Browns...and you might get lucky with a Musky or 2,although seems pretty rare near London now a days, but I have heard of them caught before!

London is in a good proximity to Huron Erie and Ontario...within an hour and a half you can be on some pretty amazing tribs on either of the lakes...for the monsters ...head to Ontario ...for perch bows and eyes head to Erie ....for salmon and bows and lakers head to Huron ...you will catch fish in the thames but as the weather warms up i wouldnt recommend eating anything (wormey) ...but check the consumption guide...

My favorite spot to fish in the city was Gibbons Park...but its been so long since ive been there i dont even know if its a park still in exsistence

London is in a good proximity to Huron Erie and Ontario...within an hour and a half you can be on some pretty amazing tribs on either of the lakes...for the monsters ...head to Ontario ...for perch bows and eyes head to Erie ....for salmon and bows and lakers head to Huron ...you will catch fish in the thames but as the weather warms up i wouldnt recommend eating anything (wormey) ...but check the consumption guide...

My favorite spot to fish in the city was Gibbons Park...but its been so long since ive been there i dont even know if its a park still in exsistence

Thanks for all the great feedback. I like to wade the river so the thames looks like fun.

Are there any smaller lakes around London worth trying (like the size of rice etc.)