Culling beam

Just looking for feedback for those that use them.

I just bought one for summer tournies and have never used them before.

Any tips ? tricks ??

It seems that if the fish were moving around it would affect the reading on them....

Any input appreciated, thanks !

They do work really well!And aftr you use one you won't do with out it, fish jump around on a scale as well and are very much harder to read, a culling beam will show you the bigger fish right away, even by the smallest of ounces, a 1/4 ounce could win you a tourney!I tourney fish bass all summer and it's one of my best tools in the boat!

Wayne

wayne's correct! its a very valuable tool when culling similar sized fish. a scale is unreliable in rough water. and to weigh 2 fish can be time consuming, where as taking 2 fish and putting them on the beam takes a second.

time in everything in a tourney!! if i spent less time catching muskies when i fish with wayne in tournies we'd have time to catch that 5th bass or kicker fish we need... lol

Edited by uglyfish

#1 tool in a T anglers boat IMO. You can see within a second which fish is to be culled. A little tip we do is whenyou have 2 wells, or a divider, put the bigguns on one side and the smallest fish. Leave the other side for the average fish. Makes it easier to cull when need be. Happiness is having a 3lber in the larger side of the live well as the small fish. Tis a good day then!

When we used to do the perch/crappie events the beams were invaluable.

Edited by Harrison