Deer Blind Project - Video Included - Another One

Leecher

Hey guys and gals.... hows you doing after the site upgrade??

For me was a long process but got through it :lol: Wish I could bring you a fishing report but unfortunately it's hunting related <_<

For those hunting deer and setting up deer feeders..... it's now time to start with the warm weather we've been having.

Yesterday spent a good 10 hours in the bush prepping our hunting area for my brother and I, cutting trees and shrubs and setting up a saline mineral feeder (not sure if this is the right translation :blush: ) in range of our ground blinds and wish I could of taken pics but unfortunately forgot the cam at home :angry:

Started to look for a big old cedar stomp that could be easily cut with the chainsaw..... found one, cut it to length and cut a grove in the middle so we could apply our recipe. The recipe consist of sulfur, bicarbonate, salt and cocaine in powder form..... I know some of you might think drugs but NONONO :lol: not for us but our 4 legged friends. We also dropped apples that we squish with our boots so that the perfume would escape into the air / environment. Needless to say... there was a great scent that we could ourselves smell being so close to the feeder and spreading into the wind.

We found several areas with deer dunk which let us to believe that there was several animals around, which is a good thing and promising :)

We are going to be heading out to the spot in a couple of weeks to check on the progress and also to cut the shrubs that needs to be eliminated in our view from our ground position.... at the same time will be taken pics and will report back from ground control B)

So stay tuned for some more!!!

Leechman

Edited by Leechman

Hey guys and gals.... hows you doing after the site upgrade??

For me was a long process but got through it :lol: Wish I could bring you a fishing report but unfortunately it's hunting related <_<

For those hunting deer and setting up deer feeders..... it's now time to start with the warm weather we've been having.

Yesterday spent a good 10 hours in the bush prepping our hunting area for my brother and I, cutting trees and shrubs and setting up a saline mineral feeder (not sure if this is the right translation :blush: ) in range of our ground blinds and wish I could of taken pics but unfortunately forgot the cam at home :angry:

Started to look for a big old cedar stomp that could be easily cut with the chainsaw..... found one, cut it to length and cut a grove in the middle so we could apply our recipe. The recipe consist of sulfur, bicarbonate, salt and cocaine in powder form..... I know some of you might think drugs but NONONO :lol: not for us but our 4 legged friends. We also dropped apples that we squish with our boots so that the perfume would escape into the air / environment. Needless to say... there was a great scent that we could ourselves smell being so close to the feeder and spreading into the wind.

We found several areas with deer dunk which let us to believe that there was several animals around, which is a good thing and promising :)

We are going to be heading out to the spot in a couple of weeks to check on the progress and also to cut the shrubs that needs to be eliminated in our view from our ground position.... at the same time will be taken pics and will report back from ground control B)

So stay tuned for some more!!!

Leechman

Hey J.

I will be doing the same thing soon.Doing the turkey scouting right now.

Got about 20 birds now.2 Toms and 3 jakes.

Hey J.

I will be doing the same thing soon.Doing the turkey scouting right now.

Got about 20 birds now.2 Toms and 3 jakes.

Awesome Brian B) Good to hear that they are around!!! and good luck with them!!! But get her going with the deer feed.... it is time my friend :)

J

Thanks Joe!!! We can also do this for moose hunting up here.... just find it odd that it would be against the law down your way :unsure:

No baiting of any sort here.Wish we could to get rid of more of them rats with hooves.The season ends here next week.It started last September,long season and yet there is still an overpopulation.

Joe

No baiting of any sort here.Wish we could to get rid of more of them rats with hooves.The season ends here next week.It started last September,long season and yet there is still an overpopulation.

Joe

Baiting, in your case would make sense if only you were allowed. Up here we have a short season, riffle that is..... only a couple of weeks, maybe that's why they allow us to bait the area we are hunting.

Jacques

Well guys like my status says..... our deer feeder has been robed :w00t: It only took 5 days and the deer had a feast with our recipe B)

The land owner checked it yesterday and stumble upon a deer that was laying not too far from where I'm going to be setting up my ground blind :clapping:

I just can't believe that last year we did not see any deer :blink: Mind you the temps were kind of like a yoyo :wacko:

It's looking good so far and made a detour to Home Depot for some lumber.... going to be starting on the one man blind.... looking to build a 5' wide by 4' deep and 6' high :)

Will keep you posted on the development

Leechman

Been working hard at it today and got 50% done :o Temps were on the cool side but manageable :) Got the base, top and front done.... not easy to do by yourself but got the tools out required for a one man job :D

Enjoy the vid

and stay tune for some more :good:

Leechman

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid732.photobucket.com/albums/ww321/leechman1/2010/Deer%20Blind%20Project/DeerBlindProject2010.flv">

Edited by Leechman

Finally finished the structure today... need to work on the window and door :good:

Total cost so far $79.10 B) Not bad at all :D

Enjoy the vid

Leechman

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid732.photobucket.com/albums/ww321/leechman1/2010/Deer%20Blind%20Project/DeerBlindProjectUpdate.flv">

Love the vids bud,music is awesome.

You got me thinking.Oh that does hurt,but Im going to be using the natures of the bush for mine.Some nails,hammer and a chainsaw.

Looking forward to seeing the finished setup.

Thanks again for sharing

Love the vids bud,music is awesome.

You got me thinking.Oh that does hurt,but Im going to be using the natures of the bush for mine.Some nails,hammer and a chainsaw.

Looking forward to seeing the finished setup.

Thanks again for sharing

Thanks Brian!!! Did that last year.... the nature blend and this sorry butt ain't going to be out in the open to what ever mother nature throws at me.

Style and comfort is what I'm taking about and this little project is going to make my worth while B) A lot of work so far and getting close.... will be putting it together next week sometime.... have to figure out the door, window and bench I'll be sitting on :lol:

Stay tune for some more and thanks again Brian!!!

Jacques

Good job Leachman, thanks for posting that....be sure to take some pics of the finished product for us to see!!!

Thanks Brian!!! Did that last year.... the nature blend and this sorry butt ain't going to be out in the open to what ever mother nature throws at me.

Style and comfort is what I'm taking about and this little project is going to make my worth while B) A lot of work so far and getting close.... will be putting it together next week sometime.... have to figure out the door, window and bench I'll be sitting on :lol:

Stay tune for some more and thanks again Brian!!!

Jacques

Good job Leachman, thanks for posting that....be sure to take some pics of the finished product for us to see!!!

Thanks AzuluSpookd!!! I certainly will :) and you can count on that :good: Once I get all that stuff together and final.... will be shooting some footage from ground control B) Ground control in the bush where I'm going to be setting it up :) I still have the painting to do but it will be done in due time :D

Stay tuned and thanks again Azulu!!!

As for the door,just nail some long pine branches to the top.Natural look.I would cover the whole thing, this way.It will also add cover scent.

Awesome Brian B) Good advice but I have other plans for that... you just have to wait and see ;) The painting.... yes the painting...

You'll see ;) stay tune!!!