Mussio Ventures

Looking to see if any of the membership have any experience with the Back Roads map book/DVD, I am thinking of getting a yak and try exploring the Minden/Haliburton area. I would primarily be interested in the smaller lesser know lakes sorta off the beaten path.

Just wondering if anybody has any experience/opinions on above mentioned books before I drop the cash.

Thanks

I baught the backroads map book for the area and the lake map book. Both are worth the money, the backroads map book has all the camp spots and acess's to back lakes. The lake book contains only the larger lakes in the area, with stocking charts and species.

Your best bet is getting some maps of the area from the mnr in town. They are very friendly and willing to print off stocking charts and maps.

If you want I know of some beautiful spots up here to paddle and camp, with great fishing.

I have the Ontario Cottage Country edition book and it's opened up dozens of backoad lake oppourtunites for me. It's how I like to fish, unspoiled and difficult to access lakes teeming with eager and cooperative fish. Get it it's a great resource.

I own all of their books for Ontario, Backroads and Fishing. I think they are amazing. However, I have never used them for actual navigation in the wilderness. They also have folding maps that might be better suited for your needs. I don't think I have seen any other companies that provide a similar product at the local sporting/outdoors stores in the GTA. I'd imagine with GPS's being so popular there is a limited market.

I think if you're going off the beaten path you might consider a GPS in addition to a map. They are very much worth it and the batteries do last a long time (at least in my Garmin).