oppinions please

ld17

Just in case you didn't hear about it: http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41150

I have a few sedonas and a regal... Both great reels for the money. I think they are neck and neck in quality so i think this is where personal preference takes over. Test them out and go with what feels best to you. What do you plan on using it for?

Ya I have the flyer. I was wondering if they were going to honour shimano on the trade. That's what makes the two reels come in at the same price.

I would be using the reels for bass, walleye fishing. Maybe the odd pike.

Ya I have the flyer. I was wondering if they were going to honour shimano on the trade. That's what makes the two reels come in at the same price.

What size you getting, 2500? IMO That's a good size for bass and pike, walleyes. Don't know if they make a 3000 sedona that would be a good size too if available, same weight and extra spool capacity, same drag weight too (using stradics as reference since I don't see a sedona 3000 here http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/gl.../Sedona_FB.html.

The sedonas I have are all 2000/4000. A 4000 is a bit heavy for all day bassing imo. I just use it with 50 lb braid when hunting bigger pike with spinner baits.

Yes we had a huge ass thread about shimano VS reel trade in program. Results: Shimano USA not participating. Shimano Canada BPS Vaughn IS participating. So you're good to go.

Edited by Syn

Like mentioned above for steelhead fishing the sedonas drag is a lot better, but for bass walleye and pike, both reels would do fine!

For reference to price: Was just looking at the BPS flyer, Sedona $54.94 after $15 rebate.

Daiwa regal Xia $50.

Daiwa Exceler $ $70.

Also seeing purple Rapala tail dancers for you walleye guys that were hoarding them. :P:lol:

Edited by Syn