Yummy Turkey

Clampet

Here is one of my favourites for Turkey breast and a wing or two.

It is great if you will be out fishing, and want to come home to cooked meal. I just cook the potatoes when I arrive, I like them better that way, but you could toss a large one in the pot if there is room.

If you haven't tried this b4, you will be impressed. It is really moist and flavourful.

It is nothing like that dried out X-mas Turkey, many of us are accustomed to.

As well, it is relatively inexpensive, as you only need to buy a turkey breast or two instead of the whole bird. ;)

I like one breast and a wing, as the wings on these birds are quite large. I only cook fer two (Granny and I). I let Jethro and Elly Mae scrounge their own vittels, unless granny is in a generous mood.

Chop:

One celery stalk. Some thin and some larger pieces.

About 1/4 cup of Onion.

Add these to the bottom of the Slow-cooker.

Add the Turkey on top.

Set cooker on high for 4 hours

or

Set cooker on Low for 7 hours

That's it. Enjoy some of the finest Turkey ever.

Edited by Clampet

Would you add a little water to the celery and turkey before cooking it if you want a little gravy?

seems 2 of us were thinking the same LOL

You want gravy?

Buy a can of either Turkey, Chicken, or Mushroom gravy, heat it up and pour it on baby.

I like Franco-American from the grocery store. It's quick, an easy and is quite good.

Don't water down the slow-cooker recipe.

Slow cooker is one of the greatest - My wife uses it a lot to do cheap roast, or pork side when we are at work - then when we get home - meat - veggies and dinner is ready!!! - also makes CHILI!!!! - simmered all day!!!

But gotta try my first Gobler this year!!!!

TY

I was reading up on slow cooker meals the other day and the steam and juices of the meat and veggies makes its own liquid. No need to add liquid as Clampet said.

I'll have to try that one, but I'll have to add garlic to it. Don't you put garlic on everything???? Thanks.

Joey

Guest Trophymuskie

Gawd my wife even made ribs in hers, meat was falling right off the bone and the gravy was cooked right in.

I actually only think of one bad thing about them and that is the smell. Cook anything for 7-10 hours and the entire house will smell good for a long while.

What a concept, put in meat and veggies before heading out to work and come home to a cooked meal.