Humminbird Ice 35

asdve23rveavwa

I'd personally say that you don't. Its easy to turn it on and tell what the depth is. Do you really need 6 colours? A target line?

The extra sensitivity or whatever that the 55 offers isnt that important to me, but I keep most of my fishing under 50fow, and even micro teardrops are still visible at that depth. How much sensitivity do you need to pick up a spoon in 20fow, or a 4lb walleye or pike. Overall I'm pretty impressed with my unit.

Im not sure if the 35 has the zoom or not? Im partial the the vex myself. Personally i would get a flasher that offers a zoom. You wont be sorry!
Not sure if it does. It does have the dual beam though...used the vex when I was out with G2 this year, loved it, but many guys are promoting the humminbirds...and at less than $350 the Ice 35 seems like a good deal.

Thanks, guys.

google humminbird ice 35, the user manual for the ice 35/45/55 is on the site. I downloaded it.

Also see my similar thread asking questions about them.

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40939

I saw your post, but, totally missed the reference to the 35. Thanks for the info.

Personally I could of got away with the 45 but opted for the 55 with 6 color display. Its phenominal to say the least .... In the 9degree beam mode you can watch the fish come in and change through the. color spectrum as it swims closer until its nose is inches from your presentation .... With a standard three color display u have no where near this kind of horizontal target identification ... With the 6 color display if I crank my gain up I can decifer if a fish has taken my minnow by the color change of my rig ... its that good !!!

ICE 35 has no LCD... The LCD display is one of the main features that puts the hbirds on their own plateau ... Save up another couple hundred and go for the 45 or 55 .... I heard Radioworld is blowing out the 45 @ a crazy price !!

ICE 35 has no LCD... The LCD display is one of the main features that puts the hbirds on their own plateau ... Save up another couple hundred and go for the 45 or 55 .... I heard Radioworld is blowing out the 45 @ a crazy price !!

Yeah, one of the reasons I hesitate on the 35 and yes Radioworld has a good deal on right now. :D

I don't see why anyone would pay hundreds more for a LCD display when the same information can be viewed on the LEDs.

Thanks, Xeon...but, the price difference right now is only $85 plus tax. Agreed, though...the vex doesn't have it, and is still a great unit!

I have the ice 45 and it's phenomenal ... mailed into Hbird and got a free carry bag as well

gotta agree the zoom feature is awesome, the night display really makes it easy on the eyes as well

my buddy has the vex fl8 and he likes the Hbird better ... I guess any decent flasher will increase your odds but the simplicity and ease of use on these units is great