wildwood?

bow slayer

anybody have a report? thinking of trying it tomorrow. Is there somewhere close to get minnows? thanks

there should be a place in town i think.But I always threw spinnrs in for the pike and perch or even small jigs below the dam.It was always open water,mind you I havent been there in a few years.

I was out last week & it was slow for me. Seen some pike caught but mostly small ones. I caught one very small perch not much bigger than the #5 jigging rap I was using.

As for minnows no place close or anywhere near that I can think of that is in the VHS free zone which Wildwood is in.

Shinning Tackle in london is the closest i know of.

As Shinning Tackle in London is in the red zone it's illegal to transport bait from there into the VHS free zone where Wildwood is. May be hard to explain to the CO where you got shiners from as there is a major shortage of them in the VHS free zone. Lake Erie shiners are available but illegal to transport out of the red zone.

vhs_zones_102.jpg

As Shinning Tackle in London is in the red zone it's illegal to transport bait from there into the VHS free zone where Wildwood is. May be hard to explain to the CO where you got shiners from as there is a major shortage of them in the VHS free zone. Lake Erie shiners are available but illegal to transport out of the red zone.

vhs_zones_102.jpg

Just a thought.....

Would it be against the law to transport dead minnows from London to Wildwood ?? Is there a stipulation or grey area in the rules that state "live minnows" I ask this because you can still buy a small jar of preserved minnows at the store although they don't catch much or buy frozen smelt or smaller type food fish at the market that are about three or four inches long that would work well for bait...I understand live minnows work the best but if theres nothing else available then adaptation is the next step....