Not too cool Shimano!!

bucktail

Has anyone considered why Shimano opted out ???? i dont know but im sure there is a logical reason :dunno: ...

ill sit here with my sweatshop manufactured shoes on and think there are worse things in this world then a company exercising its right to opt out of a program....maybe Shimano wants to stand alone on a "new" marketing strategy...( after all ..thats all it really is )...or maybe their profit margins are low in the USA ... :dunno: regardess everyone has the right to spend their earned money how they see fit ...why shouldnt Shimano?

just my 02 and with the OFC discount ...its free :lol:

I just see it as us being very fortunate that Shimano Canada is so aggressive. We also are in the middle of the Ultimate Rebate program:

$20 Mail-In Rebate on Clarus Rod-A Series

$20 Mail-In Rebate on Sahara Reels-FD Series

$15 Mail-In Rebate on Convergence Rods-A Series

$15 Mail-In Rebate on Sedona Reels-FD Series

This promotion is open to residents of Canada and applies to purchases made from Authorized Shimano Canadian Retailers(From the Shimano site) :lol: Once again... lucky us! Mailing is to Peterborough not the US.

Sorry for the spam... :wub: Just thought some people might like to know.

Anyhow... back onto my initial thought... Shimano runs one of the most aggressive rebate programs for the entire US market... anyone remember the $50 off Curado? This makes every retailer happy and generates business for all involved.

You didn't stir me up bud... no worries and no need to apologize. It is easy to see that there could be a lot of wondering the way BPS does their on line flyers. They really need to have a separate Canadian site. That would help things out quite a bit.

I just hope that you were actually thinking that Vaughan wasn't doing it as well or else I really would have to eat crow! :wub::P

Radnine... Just to give you a heads up, I'm not looking to stir the pot and I will not be dragged into an online battle. Please feel free to post your opinion after if you feel like it.

This is obviously in regards to your last post that I quoted above and not for anything but I don't really know where I have asked to be considered special. I have been a member of the OFC community for a lot of years, I try to help out with prizing whenever possible but I just don't post all that much since most days are fairly busy for me. I come on this board to help people and if a question regarding a product that I know about comes up, I sometimes offer my experience with it. Calling me "Superman" or a "famous brother" is insulting since I am no different than any other fisherman/woman on this site so why should my posts be scrutinized by you?

Is it because I have a show? Maybe because I happen to have sponsors? My answering the question was because people were misinformed and I knew the actual answer. Bill M simply stated that I answered what all the complaining was about yet it continued after I posted. Should the conversation stop because I posted?... HECK NO! Should the whining about Shimano not participating in the reel trade in at BPS stop... YES! it should have and whether it was me, TJ, Bill or any other board member who answered the question... it shouldn't have mattered. Would you have taken offense if it were someone other than me posting that information? Someone not sponsored by Shimano?

I know that you don't know me from Adam but just to give you a heads up, I, like you and probably just about every other board member here, LOVE TO FISH! I just happened to be lucky enough to have had a show fall on my lap :dunno: Don't ask me how, it really just kind of fell into place from fishing tournaments, a simple case of right place, right time.

Do I think I am the only one who can do what I do? NO WAY! Do I think there are a bunch of great fishermen on this site that know a ton of information and are capable of doing what I do? HECK YES! Am I the lucky one in this deal? ABSOLUTELY! What does appear obvious to me is that you have a problem with me being on here or any promoting being put out there... you've even told a member to leave OFC for two weeks so you can post what you want to during the Olympics... and he's a great contributing member who was asking for something that was not at all unreasonable since many other members were in the same boat (no pun intended) Putting "Spoiler" in the Olympic chat title isn't that taxing is it?

Thankfully some members actually appreciate my advice and although I know I do not have the correct answer for every question I am willing to take the time when I do. I am not a snake oil salesman looking to Spam everyone with any company who's willing to flip me some free crap and I truly believe that I know the products that I represent very well and believe in them fully which is most important to me. That is why I do not have 20 sponsors... nor do I want that many. The one's that I have, I use, have confidence referring people to purchase them and know that if anything should happen, customer service will be there to solve any issues. Besides that I am pretty busy running my "real" job to be able to do the job properly for more companies.

What you may also notice is that I never try to put down a competitor's product because that is just wrong on so many levels, unlike many people here who seem to like the Chevy vs. Ford, Shimano vs St. Croix, my rod is better than your's type debates. I have also given advice on plenty of products that I am not sponsored by like the Gulp! Tray which somehow set you off? Frogg Toggs, Motor help or Electronics/Trolling motors... the funny thing is that I have owned them all and have used them all so I do think I am entitled to my opinion... that is unless it somehow offends you?

You are more than welcome to continue chipping away at me as I make posts if it makes you sleep better at night, I have thick skin and have gotten used to it since getting more involved in the industry... One thing I do know is that it isn't me you're making look foolish!

Best Regards

JP

Thanks JP, for writing.

I am quite pleased that you have taken the time to note that I often do think differently than others, and am not afraid to offer a different opinion (and it is not always chipping).

To answer your question about the Olympic spoiler thing, it seemed like the tail wagging the dog to me (and to others judging by the responses) and needed to be pointed out. My comment on Bill M's post was my take on what he was saying (yes I could have as easily not said anything, but then every thread would look like people just patronizing other people, you know how they look.)

If you (or anyone else) would like to PM me, I will tell you what is really on my mind. Having a back and forth on an un-level playing ground is not fair. Which is also why I think that last line of your post was not called for.

Jim

Ok... I think EVERYONE got their point across.. lol.. bottom line is that you can trade in at BPS Vaugn for Shimano Products.

Thanks to EVERYONE (and I mean that) for their opinions and I do believe that the posters question has been answered..