A Special Thank You

Michael_Brown

Hi Everyone:

I would like to take a few moments to thank all of our amazing sponsors and volunteers who helped out with the 1st Annual Bridgenorth Winter Panfish Festival.

It was by all accounts a huge success.

The original idea was to encourage youth to try angling and spend quality time with their family, friends and community. On Saturday Feb. 13, 2010, over 1000 people attended this six hour free fishing festival on Chemong Lake at the causeway between Bridgenorth and Ennismore.

Our title sponsor was the OFAH Tackleshare Program and the OFAH was a huge part of this event. With a special thanks going to Leslie, Randy, Marc and Mike Reader. They understand that unless we get today's youth involved in angling when they are young, they are not likely to become involved in the sport as they get older.

This fishing day also was part of the free Family Fishing Weekend, a fantastic program. Youth angler recruitment is one of the largest limiting factors in the fishing community that we face. Quality family time is rarely achieved on the couch.

This festival would have not been possible without the massive amount of time and work by Clear View Organizing. There is nothing else I can say, Andrea did an outstanding job. She is amazing. Not only was this event free, well organized, well publicized but it also managed to include a raffle which raised over $500.00 for the local United Way.

We handed out just under 600 children's prizes, everything from tackle to portable ice huts and dozens of adult and raffle prizes worth thousands of dollars.

This letter could go on for pages so I would like to thank all of our remaining sponsors for their donations to this festival:

The Government of Ontario, CFWIP

Bridgenorth Sports and Marine

Lucky Strike

Chex Television

Kids, Cops and Canadian Tire - Izumi Foundation

Kawartha Lakes Chapter of Muskies Canada

Student Transportation of Canada Inc. STC

Shimano

John McGoey Fishing

Chris Giles Outdoors

Currie Tire

Ferguson Electric

RoseGlen Village for seniors

Country Blessing Bed & Breakfast

Lakefield Bait and Tackle

Lures and Tours Sport Fishing Directories

Cat Rental Store

Mark and Maria Shuwera

Drain Bros Excavating

Mark Hunter

Sippin Dip restaurant

135 North Fine Dining

Rice Lake Hut Rentals

The festival had almost 100 volunteers who gave up their time to ensure a great day for the kids and families. I want to thank everyone who volunteered before, during and after this event. We required everything from drilling holes, selling tickets, youth angler support, clean up and tons of other jobs. I need to mention a few groups and people who made this day extra special:

Kawartha Lakes Chapter of Muskies Canada members

Natural Law Program of SSFC students

Georgina Fishing Series

Delta Phi Nu sorority sisters

Also, Gerry, Paul, Ron, Mark, Maria, Jeremiah, Dan, Dave, Evan, Todd, Tom, Mike, Chris, Bruce, Jack, Jamie, Matt, Steve and everyone else who helped out Thank You all. You made this a special day for many kids, adults and families.

This festival was more than we ever expected with some absolutely incredible people and organizations doing far more than we ever asked to make this a great day for the families that attended.

On behalf of Bridgenorth Winter Panfish Festival, Clear View Organizing and myself.

Thank You

Andreaevent.jpg

Edited by Michael Brown

Glad to see the Panfish Festival went so well and also glad to have been a part of it. The kids had a FANTASTIC day! To see the look on their faces when they saw the hundreds of Perch, Bluegill, Pumpkinseed and 3 Muskie on the underwater camera was an experience in itself for the dozens of kids who frequented my hut.

I think the winner of all the kids was the young lad by the name of Tyler, he and his teacher was in my portable ice hut when the 40" plus Muskie decided to scare all the Perch we were catching! This young kid was fantastic, he hugged and kissed every Perch we caught, he even got his teacher to give one a kiss! Surely a great for all of us to remember!

Thanks for letting us be a part of it Mike.

Cheers, Ron...