Rapala Minnow Rap

solopaddler

Seems like every time I find a lure that I really like, a lure that actually catches fish, it gets discontinued. :angry:

The Minnow Rap wasn't out that long, but what a great lure. Similar to the Shad Rap but a longer more stretched out profile.

I've caught tons of fish on these things, for me they're money in the bank.

The #9 and #11 model in the purpledescent colour are lethal on walleye. :)

minnowrap.jpg

If I'd known in adavance I would have grabbed what I needed when they were still readily available.

They're still available at a few places online and ebay, but I suspect supplies are limited.

If anyone knows of a source for the purple ones in #9 & #11 sizes in Canada drop me a line.

I'll be eternally grateful. :)

Can't help you find one, because I've never bought one of these in the first place. But my mom did find one in perch colour on the ground during a fishing trip though!

Never really caught me any fish though. Only snagged a huge carp in the back with it :)

I would also say take a look inside the Lebaron stores. There always seems to be a pile of discontinued crankbaits on sale, although the selection is very limited.

Edited by EC1

unless the US is now a canadian province, you win nothing. :D

:D

LMAO!!!! Come on guys, read the post properly :lol::lol:

:D

its still listed on their site :dunno:

And yes it is known as an excellent Walleye bait...never used one personally but everyone seems to think they rock!

They do rock.

Not sure if this helps, but I did see some Minnow Raps in the bargain bins at some of the exhibitors at the Fishing and Boating show today. I have no clue what colors, nor do I recall if there were a lot. Not sure if you are headed there or not this weekend, but best of luck!

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_...D=1266014910608

Rapala Minnow Rap 07

Product #78-2058-8

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_...D=1266015263761

Rapala Minnow Rap 09

Product #78-2066-8

Thanks, not the right colour though.

Not sure if this helps, but I did see some Minnow Raps in the bargain bins at some of the exhibitors at the Fishing and Boating show today. I have no clue what colors, nor do I recall if there were a lot. Not sure if you are headed there or not this weekend, but best of luck!

Thanks for the heads up.

Like I said though...the site still has them on there. Where did you hear they were discontinued?

There's been chatter on the net for some time about it.

Pretty much every online retailer is either blowing them out at reduced prices (I missed Cabelas big sale :angry:), or in some cases jacking up the price on their remaining ones. There's a couple of Stateside online retailers that have what I want but that's a last resort.

There's been chatter on the net for some time about it.

Pretty much every online retailer is either blowing them out at reduced prices (I missed Cabelas big sale :angry:), or in some cases jacking up the price on their remaining ones. There's a couple of Stateside online retailers that have what I want but that's a last resort.

I know Cabelas blew them out the door @ like 2.50$ or something stupid....

I've caught tons of fish on these things, for me they're money in the bank.

The #9 and #11 model in the purpledescent colour are lethal on walleye.

If I'd known in adavance I would have grabbed what I needed when they were still readily available.

They're still available at a few places online and ebay, but I suspect supplies are limited.

If anyone knows of a source for the purple ones in #9 & #11 sizes in Canada drop me a line.

I'll be eternally grateful.

Solo,

Dropped by CTC Belleville this A.M and grabbed the last 4..... :D

.....2 are for you if you wish, I'm out in QuinteWest, we can make arrangements.

They are the size #9.....MR09 PD,(MR-9 in Purpledescent)

[email protected]

peter

as mentioned above, the fishing show had a discount retailer with 3 colours. hot chub, purpledescent, and some brown one.

five dollars flat.

i bought 5 of them, but they still had a few more...definitely will be gone by today though, unless the guy 'restocks' himself.

i got the scoop. balsa baits cost more to make than plastic injection mould - and they plan to phase out all balsa baits...they have already started some of their J11 and J13 to plastic.

thats funny.

i stopped by the rapala booth on saturday at the show to ask them about it and the guy working the booth said,

" there not discountinued, thats one of the top sellers.

look its listed in our new cataloge"

but then again he's not the only booth attendent at the show that didnt know what he was talking about !!!!

thats another story that is way to funny.

but i dont think i should post it .---maybe i should, i know there would be a lot of laughs over it...

i got the scoop. balsa baits cost more to make than plastic injection mould - and they plan to phase out all balsa baits...they have already started some of their J11 and J13 to plastic.

Sounds like a business opportunity to me =)

Although, the brand new Rapala Trolls-To and Flat Rap lure series are made of balsa. So, not sure if that statement is true or not?

Edited by adempsey