*** Update *** The Intruder got a new coat!!!

Leecher

Been kind of busy on The Intruder lately, giving it a new look.... still have to apply a couple of coats of varnish and install the biggest triple hooks I can find ( I'm thinking 1/0 Excalibur ) but can't seemed to find any so far..... you guys remember where I left off

IMGP2153.jpg

Well here's the transition.... enjoy!!!

Side shot

DSC03430.jpg

Top view

DSC03431.jpg

Under view

DSC03432.jpg

Leechman

Looking Good! Are you really going to put 4 trebles on it? Thought the max allowed was 3 trebles.

Thanks Syn!!! Don't know how many trebles allowed :blush: guess I'll have to look into the regs :glare:

If I exceeded.... it'll be another exhibition on the trophy wall I guess :)

Thanks Syn!!! Don't know how many trebles allowed :blush: guess I'll have to look into the regs :glare:

If I exceeded.... it'll be another exhibition on the trophy wall I guess :)

I think you might find long neck trebles if you are worried that the hooks won't cover enough area. Maybe the regs in your area are different so possibly allowed 4 trebles although I can't remember ever seeing a 4 treble inshore lure.

If you haven't top coated it and are only allowed 3 trebles you could just remove the center 2 and put one in the middle. Anyhow since you are building from scratch you might be at the experimenting stage with regards to how it will run with different size trebles and if it needs any drilling and weight filling if it is not wobbling how you like it. 4 trebles might even kill the lure action.

Edited by Syn

Looking Good! Are you really going to put 4 trebles on it? Thought the max allowed was 3 trebles.

Legal in Ontario.. there is no "9 point" rule regardless of what some will try to tell you. You are allowed 4 hooks (single/double or treble) if not adding live bait to the rig.

Legal in Ontario.. there is no "9 point" rule regardless of what some will try to tell you. You are allowed 4 hooks (single/double or treble) if not adding live bait to the rig.

I stand corrected, thanks irishfield: "A fishing line must not have more than four hooks attached. A hook includes a single-pointed or multiple-pointed hook on a common shaft but does not include a snagger or spring gaff. The number of hooks includes any single-pointed or multiple-pointed hooks that an assortment of lures are part of a lure."

Also learned this: "It is illegal to use or possess lead fishing sinkers or jigs in Canada’s national parks and wildlife areas."

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/LetsF...L02_165347.html

Anyhow I'd still check if 4 trebles is even worth it on that lure, trebles overlapping each other or killing the action due to weight.

Edited by Syn

Thanks Wayne!!! I'd assume, same rules apply for Quebec :)

I stand corrected, thanks irishfield:...... Anyhow I'd still check if 4 trebles is even worth it on that lure, trebles overlapping each other or killing the action due to weight.

Syn, maybe 1/0 is little big for it..... might go 2/0 or even 3/0.... only way to find out is when I get to try it, 2 1/2 months from now :)