Ice fishing on pigeon river/lake

cheetah

Hi, everyone, I'm a new member to this forum and I have a question.

I live just by the Glen on the pigeon river, and would really like to do some ice fishing nearby, I was out yesterday and drilled many holes....To find out I couldn't find any more water depth other than 1-2.5 feet, If anybody knows where there might be some deeper spots, than that would save me alot of drilling.

I usually walk out onto the river at Beach rd. Just off of Kenedon rd. in the Andimar estates.

I know chemong is just down the road a few km's but the river is pretty much at my doorstep. Unfortunately i've never been able to fish it in a boat, so therefore I am unsure about any depths or where the channel may run.

Thanks for any advice that anyone may have and good luck to all the people ice fishing in our new area's.

Chris.

hey, pigeon river is closed from the dam in omemee to the C.N railroad, as it is deemed a fish sanctuary.

anywhere north of the railroad is open. i contacted the M.N.R to verify before I went out.

Thanks for the concern....Now just let me know where the fish and deeper water is and I'll be set!

you could pick up the Adventure Fishing Map for the area from a local tackle shop. I know there are at least 3 areas that have channels that are 6-8 feet deep in the summer in the Pigeon River ( one is south of the Provincial Park and the others are a little north)

i live in omemee and im going out in that area on monday the channel is fairly easy to find its almost dead center of the river i havent fished there yet but im haveing no luck in behind the dam in omemee so time to try down there ill let you no what happens

i fished ou behind my uncles place off kenedon he is up at the bend i think his number is 100 something there is a little park there you can walk out from i drilled about three holes and fished each about 30 min first and second hole nothing third had about 50 perch at the bottom that would not bite the water was shallow but there was alot to be caught there. getting them to bite is another story. thats were i would try if i was you i wont be able to get back there till next week :angry:

my uncle lives up in the 100 area of houses i fished out there you can walk out from that park thats up there i fished in about 5-8 fow and there is a ton of perch up that way only problem is i ran out of light and they would not bite my bait . i fished like right in the middle of that sled trail thats were i found em if your lucky you will find my holes ;)

I was thinkin' about trying to get out today. The little park you are talking about is at the end of my road(grandview dr.)

So were you in the area just past where the river starts to widen?

What were you using for bait, and were the perch of any size?

I got out for a couple hrs. today drilled a few holes straight out from the park and to the north.

I still didn't find any water deeper than 1.5ft.

I tried to find your holes, but with all the sled tracks it was like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

And no fish!

there is another hole over were the river opens up there is a building with a red or orange roof there is always music going on there in the summer there is a good hole about 100 feet off shore that alot of people fish at so on weekends just walk over and see were they are fishing its a hot little hole and i was using a small jigging spoon with a emerald shiner (small) to tip it.