Another Ice Fishing Report

MCTFisher9120

So, Myself and three friends went out fishing today in search of Pike. We got out on the water by 10ish this morning and had a great time. Started the day with Ben catch a 28-30" Northern. Man, this guy makes this fish look huge lol

ScreenHunter_02Feb032007-1.jpg

So After he caught that I moved out further and put my little fish finder down and was sitting at basically the same depth. Put down a fresh minnow and felt a huge *THUMP*...waited a second and layed the hook into the fish...Instantly felt alot of weight. Still not knowing why I fought this Pike for a solid 10minutes on 4lb Fluorocarbon and a #6 circle hook...no leader nothing. The sad thing is that I forgot to get a pic with the sign :(

Here is the result, beat my PB by 1"

31" Northern Pike!

ScreenHunter_03Feb032007-1.jpg

Another Picture

ScreenHunter_04Feb032007.jpg

Woo Hoo...shortly after that my Tip-Up goes flying up into the air, ran over and set the hook on another solid pike. Don't worry Team 2 I got a pic of this 25" Pike with the sign to get our points started!

ScreenHunter_05Feb032008-1.jpg

Then it got really slow, Fish-Miester and Dave caught a handful of Perch until the evening and I landed 1 more pike...a tiny guy.

Pictures-

ScreenHunter_08Feb032008.jpg

Dave's Perch

ScreenHunter_07Feb032008-1.jpg

And the small Pike

ScreenHunter_10Feb032009.jpg

Thought I would share my new little portable fishfinder I bought off of a member(Thanks man, it works great...still getting use to it though)

Eagle Fish Easy 2

ScreenHunter_06Feb032008.jpg

Well that's all for this evening,

MTBF

come on now mikey!! your PB should be 40"+ your clearly not fishing enough :P

I'll get there...one inch at a time. And ctdd yes I do go to class lol. I miss a lecture from time to time but my Wednesdays and Tuesdays are pretty laid back...fish all day and do a hour of homework at night.