Tubes for Lakers!

Eazy

Just wondering if anyone has ever noticed a difference between salted and un-salted tubes when it comes to angling for Lakers during the hardwater season?

One thing I do know for certain tho is the salted ones sure make a mess of all your tube heads!

I have only used white non-scented ones, and rarely even tip them with bait. The one time I did tip them with a small minnow was because my bud landed 5 before I even got at hit when I finally gave in and tipped it.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i don't like the salted ones simply because i don't like storing them. the plain ones work fine, and if fish are hitting short, a minnow head or tail should be enough scent. plus, they aren't as crappy to handle and store.

i find ALL white tubes work.

i don't like the salted ones simply because i don't like storing them. the plain ones work fine, and if fish are hitting short, a minnow head or tail should be enough scent. plus, they aren't as crappy to handle and store.

i find ALL white tubes work.

I've found pretty much the same, just curios as to weather or not the same was true for others......on a slightly different note, I was reading an article that said to try putting a little bit of orange lure "paste", as this was supposed to resemble lake trout fry? ;)

Salted all the way. Working at a tackle store I get to talk to alot of anglers about certain baits colours, etc. For Lakers hands down are Phenix salted tubes in 5inch or 2.5inch. We are always sold out of them and then the others start to sell. Its been this way for over 3 years and its always the same.