Ice thickness Rosseau

mr blizzard

:clapping: Hi there , I love the forum. Last night I put two requests for information on ice thickness on Rosseau nearer to Bait on the lake. I lost my daughter 6 years ago and my 14 year old son just finished his exams this week. I appreciate we had over 70 viewings and I also appreciate no one would give false info. We all want to be safe. If anyone knows anyone who could tell us if we could take an atv out tommorow it would be appreciated. We did not go today because losing one is enough. He was dissappointed but I would love to take him out tommorrow. Please help. And a thousand thanks. Mr blizzard and son. Yes I am a self confessed newbie but have been fishing for pleasure for over 30 years. To bad work has to get in the way sometimes.

Don't take it personally...I just don't think we have too many members who fish that area regularly. I see very few reports from Muskoka.

Always better to play safe, if you don't know...don't go.

]

Hi Mr. Blizzard;

It has been a while since I have fished up there but I would start with the local bait shops.

Second to that I know a lot of good anglers in that area are members of the local bassmaster club. They ice fish in the winter and can be a excellent resource for local info.

http://www.muskokabassmasters.com/

One popular spot is in front of Windemere house. You could check there you should find people fishing if the ice is good.

If your not sure walk and check the ice thickness often. Be safe.

I hope this helps.

Muskoka River Bait & Tackle

180 Beaumont Drive, Bracebridge, ON P1L 1X2

(705) 645-3465‎

Minnow Man

157A Manitoba Street, Bracebridge, ON P1L 2B7

(705) 645-4385‎

Purk's PlaceAddress:‎

1038 Bala Falls Road

Bala, ON P0C 1A0

(705) 762-5311

Edited by Michael Brown