Wilmot Creek Spring Clean

Dozer

Allright,

Well, I would not like to see my beloved creek go to the crapper because of disrepectful fishermen throwing away their garbage where ever they please. I always make it an effort to carry around with me a ziploc bag where my cigarette butts get thrown in ( when I used to smoke ), roe bag clippings, cut line, etc. After the treacherous salmon run, I was picked up so much crap that my ziploc filled from just cleaning my favourite fishing hole! I even scored 50 yards of what looks to be 100 lb test red braided line with a treble hook to boot!

Last night I got the idea of organizing a day this spring for a cleanup of the lower stretch of the river. My idea is simple and I really hope I could get some back up, I dont have a problem doing it myself either. One day in Spring, once the snow melts, anyone who is interested to head to the creek, meet up, slam some steelies and for an hour, grab a garbage bag and walk up and down the creek, collecting other peoples garbage. I will then take the garbage and dispose of it into Oshawa Creek, providing that river system its needed garabage in take. All jokes aside, I will dispose of the trash at my house. I was also thinking of setting up a garbage bin with a bag right at the CN rail with a sign saying something or rather and it would be up to me to clean it out once a week. Then once everything is over, the bin comes home. This idea may not be the greatest because of rain, drunk idiots lighting it on fire, I might get in trouble for illegal dumping or something else so ridiculously stupid.

Whether it works or not I dont know, but I am willing to make an effort to try to get something going to preserve the amazing fishery Wilmot Creek offers.

Any input? Thaughts? Ideas? Yay? Nay?

A fall clean up "bonanza extraveganza" would be put into place as well.

I have tried that at bronte creek.Clean up on my trek for bows.I have left full garbage bags at the park beside the trash cans.They were never picked up.Household garbage it was, according to the town of oakville.I even went as far as contacting the police and telling them that I am cleaning up and the town will not pick up the trash.Well good luck its a lot of work.I will keep my end up in keeping the trash out.If you need a hand at opener,i will gladly help.Cheers Vince