Nippissing Trip at Idle Tyme

Fisherman

Well our annual trip to Nippissing with Idle Tyme outfitters has come to another happy ending. Arrival for the first couple guys was at 3:30pm on thursday, the remaining three came later that evening. We were heartily greeted by Terra and Shawn, new owners and operators of Idle Tyme, given a quick tour of the upper level accomodations in their house. Lots of room would be an understatement with all the amenities available to make it an enjoyable stay. Both friday and saturday were early starts, up at 5:30am with a hearty breakfast and then off to the huts where Shawn had already cleared the holes and fired up the wood stoves. Within 5 minutes of the first minnow down, wham..jumbo perch! This is good..pretty much non stop action with a bit of a lull around lunchtime, then by 1:30, it picked up again. The first day garnered a herring a couple of keeper walleye, one slot size, and about 60+ honest keeper perch. We probably released 3 to 4 times that many. The second day was almost a replica of the first. I came back a bit early each day to get the supper going for 6, Ragout for the first and a real Tourtiere du Lac St Jean for last night. We had hoped for a few more hours in the huts this morning, but, two long days in the fresh air took their toll, we had a departing breakfast, packed and hit the road back home. Without a doubt, we'll be booking another trip to Idle Tyme.

I'm sure 12footsprinkbok will add a few pics he took.

2010_0122_083251AA__Small_.JPG

2010_0122_200107AA__Small_.JPG

2010_0123_104715AA__Small_.JPG

Well looks like I'm a little late but better late than never. Seems Dr. Mcgulicuddy's wonderful potion makes one want to go to bed early after a couple long days in an ice hut......LOL

Anyways heres a couple more pics

Me with the biggest walleye of the trip. Pretty sad i know.

mewally.jpg

Pile of fish in front of my hut.

pileofish.jpg

Few fish in front of fisherman's hut HAHA

smallpileofish.jpg