Waders

shadowfly

Hey guys it's time for me to upgrade my waders. the once i have now are damaged (with a hole in the shoe. cheap walmart bush lite brand.)

I'm looking to get waders that will last me few years at least. any recommendation. yet I don't want to go crazy spending extreme $$$$$ on waders. thanks in advanced.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

cabelas bluestream breatheables are what i used at work. in a summer they get more work in bad places than most fisherman could put on waders in 5 years, and they held up nicely.

I second both the Cabela's and the Simms. I have a pair of Simms G3 and love them. They may call them the G3 Guide now. A classic, widely used wader. I think I saw them for $300 at Bass Pro.

Word is stay away from Bass Pro brand breatheables. Never owned a pair myself but they apparently are prone to leaking.

Many guys speak highly of the Cabela's brand waders.

If you are looking for neoprenes (good in cold weather but don't breathe), Cabela's have a great pair for US$129 in the waterfowl/hunting section.

Cheers

Right now I have Orvis Silver Label Waders, had them for 5 years now, one hole last summer while climbing over a log easily fixed with the supplied patch kit, overall I'm happy with them.

I agree with Dr. Salvelinus, Cabelas store brand waders are an excellent value, my wife has had a pair for 3 years now, no issues.

Regardless of what brand you get, make sure they fit you properly in the crotch. If they don't fit you in the crotch, no matter how good or expensive they are, that's where they'll rip.