Trailer tire ?

tomO

I posted this question yesterday but can't find it so I'll try again. I'm redoing my trailer and I have 480-12 tires on it and was thinking of puttin 530-12 ties on instead my question is can I put the heavier tires on the old rims as they are still in good shape or will I need new rims also? If I missed my other post sorry for asking again but either I'm blind or it didnt appear on the board .

I would say yes, I would do it without any concern. If you want to make absolutely sure see if they sell 2 different width rims for 12" tires. I would be more concerned about having enough clearance to run the 530, remember to take into consideration the tire travel when you hit bumps and are loaded.

Ok George thx. I'm redoing the trailer and had to cut off the coupler as it was welded on going to replace it with a 2 inch also the guide ons were welded to the frame and I cut them too and will replace with bolt ons. I just pushed it in the basement to rewire and such. I may not be posting again cause when the wife see's it and craps her pants I may be killed. Lol the basements finished and I put a tarp down to protect the carpet but she might get annoyed.