Sunday 17th BBP, Simcoe: pictures added

maksuttt

Sunday morning, BBP parking lot, bunch of buddies waiting to get on the ice…

What do you usually expect from a fishing trip? Catching fish, having fun, getting some challenge… Right combination of those factors is a recipe for the perfect fishing day.

Day was starting slow: fish was where, but not really interested in lures presentation. Early AM produced several lakers: two in +10lb range. All caught in +100’. The action slowed down even more by noontime: moving around didn’t help much – a few lost fish, and couple little lakers weren’t a big consolation… So, it was time to have lunch! I have to say it again: I love portable BBQ!!! Hot dogs on the lake – what’s could be better?!? Thanks, Matt! Most of us left ice by 3PM. I got to the shore with a modest personal result 7:3 (lakers), but in a great mood! Nice to be out fishing!

After a long time being against the idea, I have to admit now: portable ice hut is the way to go. I am a happy owner of a new Frabill Commando single person shanty – this Sunday was first time out with it. It’s light (I don’t use stock seat and mounting frame), sets up in seconds, has a zipped door and most important – it fits in my Toyota Echo!!!

Max

PS: pictures will be uploaded tonight

Edited by maksuttt

Ok, here are the pictures I promised:

Carl with a lunker...

P1030316.jpg

Matt with a ten-pounder

P1030319.jpg

Mike with his first 2010 laker

P1030326.jpg

Myself...

P1030324.jpg

Myself with a small laker. Can you see the hut? ;D

P1030334.jpg

Matt with a nice whitie!

P1030336.jpg

Another lovely shot

P1030337.jpg

Edited by maksuttt

Bigger the group the better chance of someone hooking up with a fish adding to the fun and excitement. Those are some nice fish in your pics. I will be out on Sunday morning again. I will keep an eye out for you and your new hut.

I've got a question for you maksuttt, regarding your portable hut. How do you fit it into the Echo? Back seat? Trunk? I was looking into getting a portable hut and decided against it because of the difficulty of transporting some of the "portable" models. I also happen to drive an Echo.

Bigger the group the better chance of someone hooking up with a fish adding to the fun and excitement. Those are some nice fish in your pics. I will be out on Sunday morning again. I will keep an eye out for you and your new hut.

Hey Doug,

I am not sure about Sunday... Maybe I will be there... Anyway, see you on the ice!

We were fishing +100' I tried shallower water with no success: marked a lot of bait, but no big fish.

2basketclam: If you want to get the Frabill Commando into the Echo, you need to unbolt backs of the rear seats and the mounting bracket on the floor. 6 bolts - 5 minutes of work... It fits tightly! :D Clams won't fit, they have taller plastic sleds.

Max