St Croix Rods

gaspumper

The Mojo Rods say made in North America.... When stuff is made in the USA it says so... So my guess for the mojo line is... Mexico. A better question would be. Where are graphite blanks made? I suspect even the high end models that are made in the USA have parts that are made all over the world, just like anything else. Where do the guides come from, the cork handles and reel seats. Really, made in the USA means "ASSEMBLED" in the USA or Sweden or Canada or where ever.

Seen on a fishing show this morning GL Loomis was going to bring their rod manufacturing back to USA from China.

It is kind of funny, I was talking to the St Croix guy at the spring fishing show last year and he was saying that he thinks the brand has taken a bit of a public relations hit over the offering of a Chinese made model line (the Triumph). He was was also saying that they were looking into moving the line to Mexico to avoid the stigmatic perception attached to Chinese manufacturing.

The funny part is that ten years ago the move to Mexico would have been just as traumatic as the move to China is today. But now (he reckoned) it would be seen as a more palatable choice.

I suppose a good thing with St. Croix is that at least you have the opportunity to shop patriotically if you want.

Jim