Caribou Lake, Loring Ont.

brkygetr

Hey All!!!!

Long time no post as I have moved back to the Southern region of the province and things are in moving, job changing, house buying turmoil.

Besides that the place I am renting has no interent so have had limited time to check in.

Anyways, have found some time next weekend to get away to Brooks Cottages on Caribou Lake for some lakers and walters.

Anyone have anything to offer about the place????

thanks folks and talk at ya soon when I end up online again.

By the way Simon hope your enjoying the weather up that way, heard it's been nasty!!!!!!

later

dale

I used to fish caribou out of Brooks cottages, but haven't been up for quite a few years. I think we were the first ones to ever rent one of thier cottages in the winter. Since then, they've winterized most of thier cabins, and even supply huts from what I hear.

Back in the day, the fishing was awesome. We used to haul lakers and eyes out of the same holes. My brother caught a 19lb pike once too!

There is a shoal, which I'm sure they will show you, to the west of the islands off the point. Find 60-70FOW and jig, you'll get fish there. I'm pretty sure they still stock the lake with eyes.

Are you sure the ice is good up there? I know caribou is the last lake in the area to freeze up safe.

S.