6 year old catches pike over 40 inches.

kgeary

Not sure what the minimum age is to take the test??

anyone know??

There is no minimum age. As long as the youngster can read (understand) and write. However, on the internet, a head of lettuce with a valid email address can pass the test. Of course, the veggie also needs to have a credit card or $50 in the bank. :)

Hayden took me out in August 2007 on Nungesser. He took care of all the boat operating, including: raising the motor to inspect prop, seeing that my gear was in the boat, being sure I had a life jacket (he wore his all day), untying the ropes and heading out. As we approached the cut he advised me that the lake level was falling and I needed to move to the front of the boat when he told me to so the prop wouldn't hit sand. Soon he asked if I wanted some snacks and then we began picking up walleyes.

ok guys, lets be a little easy on old dad, when i was six years old i was driving a 45 hp john deer tractor up and down the hay field while my family was picking up square bales of hay. was it 100 % safe, probably not, was i capable of driving it when i was of that age YES. Im sure hayden is capable and has more experience than a lot of guys on this board. Im guessing that he is heavily involved in the daily operations of the fishing camp much like i was with the family farm. just remember that some children may have more in the field/lake experience than you will have on certain lakes.

jason