Going to Scugog

GBW

There is parking at the top of the hill, and about a 300yd walk to the lake. we were fishing just north of there and it was slow; one walleye a night. If you don't want to drag a portable down the road, you can drive there from the boat launch, on that side of the lake between the boat launch in Port Perry and Goreski's there is 10-14" of clear ice, and not much snow.

If you do plan to drive out, and fish Westshore, you can't get on the lake there. You would have to drive there from the boat launch in Port.

If you really don't want to drive out, you can drop your gear at the end of the road, then go back up the hill to park.

Good luck.

yeah like spooner jr said. if you were to drive you car out.. wich alot of people are doing you would have to drive out at either the port perry marina or the port public boat launch just north of the marina.. the launch at west shore is basicaly a 4' drop off that would just tear a car apart.. that is unless your car is sitting on 35''s and is lifted 2 1/2' .. then you would be ok..

but if you plan to just drop your stuff of then your best bet is to drive to the bottom of whitefield road (where west shore is) and unload there.. then drive your car back to the top of the hill and walk back down.. then drag your stuff out from there.. though I am sure your car would be fine out there.. I was out there last night when a buddy of mine pulled up in his old school (all metal no plastic) f-350 crew cab longbox on stilts with 6 guys in it and well he didnt go through.. which he parked right beside 2 other full sized trucks..

so there is enough ice..but even after that I still dont drive out there in my car.. but that might also be because I would get no where as it has a hard enough time gripping pavement..

I think im gonna head out there tomorrow morning, i have never been to scugog before even in the summer so should be an interesting trip. obviously gonna do some research on locations to hit up tonight. I just have a little portable hut that I will drag out. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow evening. :Gonefishing: