OFN January eMagazine.

TJQ

biggerlogo.jpg

Volume 10 - Issue 1 - Issue #109

Welcome to the January 2010 issue of the Ontario Fishing Network E-Magazine.

Our Biggest issue yet! This is the beginning of our 10th year of publication!!! More great articles this month by some of fishings top writers and pro's! We are happy to have a NEW fishing Cartoon by Phil Harrison and Maureen Shelleau, called "Off the Dock" Two great contests to celebrate as well! Visit the links below to read this months info packed issue:

Click here to see this months great issue!

IN THIS ISSUE

Product Showscase WIN ONE!! Men's ARCTIC SERIES One-Piece Suit

Waterproof, windproof, breathable outer layer consisting of ballistic nylon in the shoulders, elbows, seat, knees and pant cuffs. Durable 660 denier taslan nylon main fabric. Seams are double stitched, taped and heat sealed. Entire outer layer is treated with fabric protector for industry leading repellency against both water- and oil-based liquids without affecting the look, feel or breathability of the fabrics. ENTER HERE!

Weed-Relating Sunfish on Ice

Catching sunfish through the ice is a blast. The corkscrewing battle of big bluegills and pumpkinseeds test the integrity of ultra-light gear and often gets me giggling. Although pint-sized, these fish are worthy adversaries. Fickle sunnies challenge even the most experienced ice anglers. When things get tough, I fish weeds.

The Ice Fishing Touch

Without doubt, fishing has traditionally been a sport that depends as much on the sense of touch AS sight.

Dissecting a Hump

Out from shore, and hidden from the naked eye, lies a fish-holding factory that is jam-packed with fins and gills from any and all species. Here they bask, undisturbed for the most part, until an intuitive angler finally uncovers them and proceeds to enjoy the fruits of their labour.

World Record Muskie - Nobody believes it.

Recently, the World Record Muskie Alliance ( North American group of dedicated muskie anglers formed to end the confusion on legitimacy of record muskies www.worldrecordmuskiealliance.com ) came out with its scientific, peer-reviewed report on the Cal Johnson muskie (currently recognized as the all-tackle record by the IGFA) proving the fish to actually be nearly half the claimed weight of the fish was released.

Dave Mercers Facts of Fishing Video

Pro angler and host of Facts of Fishing Dave Mercer catches giant alligator gar in Texas. These prehistoric monsters almost rip the rod out of his hand!

The much anticipated season premiere of Facts of Fishing® THE SHOW will hit the airwaves this week on the World Fishing Network Wednesday, January 6th at 7:00PM and on the Score Saturday and Sunday morning at 9:00AM. Review Dave's Premier and win great prizes here!!

Off the Dock

A couple of big mouth small mouth abait and abide.. NEW fishing Cartoon by Phil Harrison and Maureen Shelleau

Olive the Lake

Fantatsic fishing Vacation Resort in the Martin River - Temagami area! CHECK IT OUT!!

Searching For Early Winter Brook Trout

Regarded as one of the most beautiful fish available to an ice angler, the magnificent brook trout is present for any angler in Ontario willing to put in the time and effort.

Gearing up for the ice.

For years I lived and breathed everything ice fishing and it truly became a passion of mine. The sound of the hard ice being carved by the auger, the feel of the crisp air entering your lungs and even the sound of your feet crunching the snow as you walk out to your first spot.

Spring Fishing and Boat Show

The 2010 Spring Fishing & Boat Show continues to strive in bringing new and innovative ideas to the table. As previously stated the show is truly dedicated to the betterment of Canadian angling and through the support of its media partners, the show is establishing unity within the industry and supporting the growth of recreational angling throughout the nation.

Get North!

Stressed? need a vacation? Visit Get North to find your Northern Ontario get-away!

Please pass this along to your fishing friends, they can SUBSCRIBE HERE!

T.J. Quesnel

Webmaster

Ontario Fishing Network

www.ontariofishing.net

www.ofncommunity.com

Holy crap, Dave! I thought you'd have been consumed by maggots by now. I'd really like to see you in June this year! It'd be really nice if you could bring your wife. You could bring that 23 year old super model neighbour of yours for yourself. We have talent night on Saturday after the fish fry now. I'll do the Walter Brennan impression...you can do your famous impression of a eureka tent peg.

Don't be a stranger, Bud.