Good Reading

JohnF

Hola from Mexico

My friend Rob loaned me a book for poolside reading. It's great, particularly for flyfishermen, but it's got lots of observations many of you will relate to about fishing in general. Although it's not meant to be a flyfishing for Dummies it really puts a lot of fly type lore in simple terms for us unititiated.

I'm only partway through but I've already identified a few of the regulars here in some of the chapters. Not the actual person of course but the characterizations and styles. if any of the rest of you read it, or have read it, I'd be interested in hearing if you found the same thing.

The book is easy reading, "Sex, Death and Flyfishing" by John Gierach. I highly recommend it.

And if anyone has any similar recommendations to offer, I'm all ears. I have a couple of other books that I liked not unlike this one but the titles and authors' names escape me down here in Mexico. I can find 'em when I get home if anyone is interested.

JF

John, you should be living it instead of reading it! You be wading the flats for Bonefish and Permit! You should charter a trolling trip for Sailfish, Mahi-Mahi, and Barracuda! You should be surf casting for 'Cuda, Snapper, Jacks, and Hinds!!!

Get off your miserable butt and get to work boy!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

John, you should be living it instead of reading it! You be wading the flats for Bonefish and Permit! You should charter a trolling trip for Sailfish, Mahi-Mahi, and Barracuda! You should be surf casting for 'Cuda, Snapper, Jacks, and Hinds!!!

Get off your miserable butt and get to work boy!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

I don't mind getting some of my fishing kicks vicariously. For real kicks I like to rub shoulders with those fishies you mentioned, plus tarpon, barracuda, and sharks. I'm not sure which is the bigger kick - swimming with them or hunting them with hooks. it's all fun. I can tell you for sure that finding yerself in 60' of water with a couple of 8' sharks 10' away is at least as exciting as your first big bass, mebbe even better. You should try that.

JF