Yesterdays Musky Hunt

Jigger

Headed up to Haliburton yesterday in hopes of some fat fall musky, but alas, it wasn't to be. Water was like glass all day. I got on the water and took a run around the lake trying to mark fish and set-up a trolling route. Fish started showing up on the finder from 18fow to 26fow. Most were at the base of drop-offs but they were belly to the dirt, all of them. Not one suspended fish. I trolled these areas with deep diving cranks, spinnerbaits and even threw a few jigs. Not even a tick. After awhile I got bored and tried for some schooled up fish I figured for Smallies. I put out a hair jig and suspended it right in their faces for a long time while I ate lunch before getting back out and trolling some more.

It was a real nice day anyways and on one hand, I'm glad it wasn't windy because the comfort level was acceptable. But I think if it kicked up a bit the fish would've turned on and I'd have a better story for you. But it didn't and I don't :dunno: . Water was stuck at 41deg and I couldn't find one area warmer or colder than that the whole day. Maybe ice isn't that far away? Oh well, theres no ice yet so I hope to get out at least one more time. Take it easy.

I'll try some pics...

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg Wishful thinking,I was trying out the self timer on the camera.

IMG_0185.jpg