TackleWarehouse duty fees?!

mojobass

Okay I was wondering if anyone here had a experience of ordering fishing tackle from TackleWarehouse and be charged with duty fees coming back to Ontario. I have just order my first batch of items I wanted and now going for the second batch but my girlfriend pointed out the duty fee issue. I was wondering if anyone know how it works and about how much it would be for about $130 worth of stuff? Any help or replies will be greatly appreciated! Happy new years!

I dealt with them recently, ordered a bunch of Basstrix baits worth around $120.

Amazing thing to me...I placed my order online and paid with paypal on a Monday and the baits arrived at my front door the next day on Tuesday. Just unreal.

They were delivered by UPS and the total charge was $15.23. Not bad at all imo except for the fact the courier wouldn't allow me to pay with cash or credit card, only cheque.

(New system with UPS that's being tried out in our area alone).

Long winded reply but the bottom line I was impressed and wouldn't hesitate recommending these guys at all. Great service and the duty/taxes were minimal.

I have never ordered from them but if it's coming across the boarder USA-Canada I would make sure that it comes by USPS/Canada post ONLY.

SOLO it seems as they were in a great mood I have never seen a UPS charge less then $30 as that is usually there broker fees maybe they did not clear that load or something who knows either way it was a bonus for you.