Ice Report Lower Grand Fishmasters Dec 29/09

Fishmaster

Well guys its fishable few groups out tonight me the nut even went for a Sled ride on the River ...as allways play safe out there ...if you dont have a Spud Bar make one they are the best way to check ice infront of you ...stop in the store for more info on were to stay away from out there ...

P1010098-1.jpg

Edited by Fishmaster

FisherM,

Only ever fished there in summer.The flow is regulated by the dam maybe 1 k upstream.Not an expert on the Grand but at this time of year I'm guessing the flow is very slow.It seemed to freeze up pretty quick and people have been on it for about a week and a half.Fishmaster is the guy to talk to. It's right in front of his place the shelters are up.

I was out on the ice at Fishmasters last Tuesday (Dec 22nd). There were still a couple of open spots at that time but they seem to have closed up now judging by Steve's latest picture. The flow wasn't as strong as I have seen it in the past, however there is still quite a bit of current in the area.

PS...I was skunked last Tuesday.

Hopefully going to give it a shot again on Friday, the time will depend on how New years Eve goes!

Cheers

Craig