Mr. Heater Propane Tank Adapter

GBW

Hey all.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a Mr. Heater Propane Tank Adapter to fill my 1LB tanks from my 20LB tank. I called BPS and was told that they do not sell it, yet it's on the web site... <_< so if anyone can let me know where to pick 2 up in the GTA that would be great, thanks.

Geoff

Got mine on Ebay last year. They work great. I will suggest that you buy a digital food scale (Walmart) to avoid overfilling the tanks.. The empties weigh 13.5 oz and you add the 16 oz of fuel for a total of 29.5 oz. Make sure you freeze the empties before filling them.

Here is the link to the one I bought on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Brass-Propane-Bottle-Re...=item2c4fe417ce

If you can get it locally as Terry has said, get it. I was under the impression that they are not legal to sell up here. Thats why I ended up buying it on Ebay.

Cheers.

they are legal up here

but

once you refill them they are illegal to transport

so if you get in an accident on the way to your icefishing you could be in trouble

Ya, but they gotta prove I just filled them. Thats why I leave the adapter locked up at home. LOL :lol::lol:

and that is why I have been doing it for over 30 years

it is real simple to make one too

you take an old propane torch and unscrew the flame end

find an old BBQ and cut the black hose off that has the end that attaches to the 20lb tank

now shove the tube that the flame end was attached to on the old torch, into the hose and put a clamp on it

one fully functional refiller with a cut off valve on it too

Edited by Terry®

Guest skeeter99
Hey all.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a Mr. Heater Propane Tank Adapter to fill my 1LB tanks from my 20LB tank. I called BPS and was told that they do not sell it, yet it's on the web site... <_< so if anyone can let me know where to pick 2 up in the GTA that would be great, thanks.

Geoff

cabelas carries them

Terry described it above GBW .. you just need an old propane torch head and an old BBQ regulator hose. Don't have them.. click the ebay link! lol

D'OH! Didn't see that part :rolleyes:

I was going to click the link but I'll order from the folks Terry told me about.

Thanks, Irish!

The reason I asked was an earlier post where a kitchen scale was mentioned. I figured it might not be necessary as long as a 1 lb tank can withstand the same pressures as a 20 lb tank. Of course the kitchen scale could give you a good idea of just what percentage of fill you can get.