Cooks bay

dada2727

Gonna try to head out at somepoint over the holidays for some hardwater action and looks like cooks bay is the best option right now.

Just wondering where the best access points are around keswick? I've never fished cooks bay, I'm usually out north of thorah for the lakers, but my brother is up over the holidays and would like to get out for a fish so any advice would be appreciated.

I hear the perch are what most people are after out there?

I have not checked out the east side of the lake

I know ice was pushed in on that side and it snowed, so it shouldn't be as good as the west side

but there are lots of places to access the lake the real problem is parking

if you go west aon Ravenshoe from Woodbine/Leslie to lakeshore and turn right there is a bit on parking at the canal and access and at Youngs harbour

there is some parking on the left and on the right if the parking lot doesn't have too much snow you can park there

you can park on some side streets and access at Miami beach or Glenwood beach or Glenwood beach road

again you must respect the no parking signs, because you will not even get out of your vehicle and the ticket vultures will be by

Not sure about access points, but I can tell you that people have begun ice-fishing on Cook's Bay, there were about 20 ppl today. However there is still open water further out of the bay, I'd recommend a floater suit just in case. Yep most people target perch there, but pike can be caught as well. Good luck!