Quinte May 21 Weekend

Guest lundboy

Guest lundboy

Hi All!

First post. Just found this forum by doing a search on Google for Quinte Fishing, and this site looks fantastic!

I'm looking for some recommendations where to go on Quinte. I've never been there, and want to leave on the Friday, stay overnight and fish Saturday.

I'm looking for recommendations on accommodations (nothing fancy just need to sleep and shower), need a boat ramp, parking and what part of the bay to fish (town entry point etc.)

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Edited by lundboy

Like Clampet said Pickeral park is good place to stay.I now stay at the Mohawk Bay campgrond.I find the fishing better near the Napanee river in May.You will get them in Hay Bay.There alot of Pike in Hay Bay.

Bayside cottages is a great place to stay they have 3 campsites with 2 services.MTP

The Picton area is hot in the fall but the fishing is better near the Napanee River in May.Merland Park is a great place to stay.

It is a long boat ride to the Napanee River from Picton.You need a decent sized motor to get to the Napanee.Deseronto in May and Picton in the fall.

My 8 cents.MTP :canadian:

For that time of year, I would recommend fishing Big Bay and staying right in Belleville. I'd search out areas that have ready access to deep water, such as the mouths of some of the larger bays. These bays will heat up faster than the big body areas and you will find the eyes and pike are staging in and around these bay mouths, feeding on minnows and perch.

There are plenty of places that will provide you with accomadation, including docking facilities and if your right in Belleville, there's plenty of places to eat.

HH