Jp from Hanks Huts

dsn

It was a great day out. The morning started out pretty good. There was lots of folks today booking huts. The bite were constant for the morning half all the way up til 11:30am.

Even though I kept missing them on the tip-up.

Fish4me.!!. "Remember last friday I went out with you and you seen a laker Get off my spreader 5 feet from the hole? Well the same thing happened again. :( I never had much luck with landing fish on those things. I prefer using the rod. I missed every fish on the tip-up. These fish I have below where caught by my friend on a tip-up.

Because of the warm weather, there were pockets of deep slush about 1 foot deep. It was so warm that the ice infront of our hut was melting and the ice was sinking when I stepped on it!! :w00t: But the hut opertaor told us it was safe. It was only the top half of the ice melting and water was sandwhiched between the bottom solid ice and the surface melting. I didn't trust it. But he said if we wantted to we could move to another hut if it got really bad. When it was around 3:30pm and we packed all our gear and were ready for the pick up.. The operator told us it was nothing to worry about. So he stepped onto the melting ice with about 2-3 inches of water on top. And sure enough the ice cracks. His feet goes through the top part of the ice and about a foot of water underneath. But he was still standing on the bottom solid half. I wasn't going to get my foot wet. :lol: We went around the hut to avoid dropping into the foot of water. :P We had the Sorels ain't water proof for a foot of water. They had some kind tourney out there today.

Now I have to rest my back!! :D Heres the pics.......

picture058.jpg

picture052.jpg

picture055.jpg

picture057.jpg

picture060.jpg

picture063.jpg

picture046.jpg

picture048.jpg

picture050.jpg

Here's the pic of the Hut and the ice Melting.

picture065.jpg

picture066.jpg

Edited by dsn

Nice report. Good lookin fish.

I beleive the missing the fish part is attributed to the dullness, and/or style and size of hook.

Well the spreader I got from Hanks today. I think the hookes were a bit big myslef. But they are locally made by a regular ice fishermen who knows what works. But I do think the hooks were bit big.

dsn