My 2009 Recap on Fishing

MCTFisher9120

2009 has been a fun and changeling year for me. Got to fish a little more than 70days this year by a rough count and I have enjoyed every day. Catching a PB bucket mouth still makes me smile and grin, I was lucky to have that fish. A big accomplishment for myself was finally... and I mean finally getting a baitcaster...then it broke so I bought a more expensive baitcaster, a R-Type and does it ever look and feel solid on a TS2 rod by Rapala!

Took a 11day camping trip and caught lot's of fair to small bass, ranging from 2lb8oz and lower.After some weekend fishing and a few Carp I got onto the bass good when I made the trip to my Grandma's place out past Seeley's Bay ONT.

Scugog

ScreenHunter_16Dec101511.jpg

Seymour

PB

ScreenHunter_18Dec101512.jpg

Basically a few fish here and there at the camp until I went to the "home" lake, caught a bunch of fish and some nicer 3lb+ bass for the start of August

ScreenHunter_11Dec101508.jpg

Good Smallie for the lake(weird pattern)

ScreenHunter_13Dec101509.jpg

ScreenHunter_14Dec101510.jpg

Got Dad out fishing!!

ScreenHunter_09Dec101508.jpg

Caught a nice Pike

ScreenHunter_02Dec101505.jpg

The first largie on a frog

ScreenHunter_04Dec101505.jpg

PB bowfin

ScreenHunter_05Dec101506.jpg

ScreenHunter_06Dec101506.jpg

ScreenHunter_07Dec101506.jpg

And a new lake PB for myself

ScreenHunter_01Dec101504.jpg

ScreenHunter_12Dec101509.jpg

After that fun I had another week or two where I fished a tiny bit, catching smaller fish. Took one last trip up to the Camp and caught the PB largemouth that everybody on this site has seen...Highlight of my life(6lb 13oz)

ScreenHunter_17Dec101511.jpg

Then I made the move up to Lindsay and found out that the fishing sucks here lol...on most days anyway. Fished with a friend and caught a bass under a dock on Scugog

ScreenHunter_15Dec101510.jpg

Then caped it off with my last largemouth bass of the season, 4lb Scugog River

ScreenHunter_19Dec101512.jpg

Now that the year is done with I sold my older spinning rods and banked a bit of cash(a bit)...Bought a ice fishing rod and will be getting some good gear this February(2 more baitcasters=3 good setups)

Thanks for reading and helping me with soo many questions this past year, next goal is to join the Lindsay BASS club and fish some tournaments next season

Until safe Ice fishing,

MTBF

ScreenHunter_10Dec101508.jpg

Looks like you had a great season this year. Thanks for taking the time to post all your pics. Good luck with the Lindsay bass club next season. Lots of great guys in that club. great fishermen too!!

P.S. Just to let you know....... the 5 pound bass club starts over every year when bass season starts!!!!

Looks like you had a great season this year. Thanks for taking the time to post all your pics. Good luck with the Lindsay bass club next season. Lots of great guys in that club. great fishermen too!!

P.S. Just to let you know....... the 5 pound bass club starts over every year when bass season starts!!!!

I would rather be a member of the 2010 prestigious 6lb Largemouth bass club....why the 5lb club ??

looks like you had a good year Mike...

I sure hope you were using top water frogs on that light green covered water in the last pic.... I caught a lot of great LM Bass in that kinda stuff this summer ;)

Sure was, those and t-rigged lizards...will be swimming jigs under that surface next year. Love when my frog is parallel with the arrow heads and all u see if the water start to move towards your bait...that green stuff is amazing for fishing in

love it!