Newbie from Nipigon

Anderson

Hi All Just a few lines to introduce myself to the board

I'm Chuck and my wife Linda recently moved to Nipigon from Thunder Bay We are employed in mining exploration sector which puts out in the wilderness pretty well all year We do get a few breaks and we usually spend it fishing or hunting We also own and operate Nipigon Bait and Tackle which is located 2 minutes from the marina Our daughter Ashley runs the shop when we are out working or fishing

I couldn"t believe it when we first moved here that the only bait shop was located 30 minutes west from Nipigon so we renovated our garage and solved that problem (plus created a job for our daughter) :D

We make most of the tackle in our shop, jigs, spinners etc and I had a friend of mine show me how to tie Jig Flies which seem to work for all species of fish especially our famous Brook trout

Around here we usually enjoy year round fishing due to the fact that the river rarely freezes from the outlet of Alexander Dam to where it goes into Lake Helen and then from the outlet of the lake under the Hwy bridge to just past the marina Steelies and Salmon are on the bite this time of year and can be caught from shore or by boat Just finished a one month stint in the bush and as soon as I"m finished here I"ll be wetting my line

Anyone interested in anything available around here fishing hunting places to stay can get ahold of us anytime and we would be happy to help

Till then Seasons Greetings and Tight lines Chuck and Linda

welcome to the board Chuck and Linda....

we LOVE pictures with our stories ;)

( a lot of us use Photobucket to upload them from- FREE)

So get that line wet and come back with a few pics..... a guy like me in Southwestern Ontario really appreciates adventures from the near north.

Splashhopper

Welcome neighbor. I fish the Nipigon system myself when I get the chance. In fact I used to fish below Alexander well into December myself until I got older and wiser :blink: I'll be working up your way this winter. I have an hvac job that I should be starting any time now at the Red Rock arena, and I also have some work at the Nipigon sewage treatment plant, when and if the ever gets going. I'll let you know when I'll be there.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

love the area. come up there just about every year for work and in the evening i fish the river and the one nearby walleye lake...

that's absolutely my favourite area in ontario other than my own.

gotta love them nipigon brookies!