Cambridge will never be the same

misfish

Well it would seem I and a fellow worker, have been selected to go and learn robotic weld cell traing.FINALLY.

I and John have done very well, blind wise so far,but now are going to learn the ins and outs.

SO,we will be there for 4 days next week(Monday til Thursday) and need a few pointers on the where and not to eat.

I did a bit of research so far.

Our first dinner night will be at PHO NAM. Yes/no? I gots to get my PHO fill.

Also,I am aware that Camebridge is also known as little Newfoundland :thumbsup_anim::whistling: .This might scare my little buddy,but I,ll keep him safe.LOL

So,any help? We would be greatly thankful.

Im hopeing to hook up with an old hockey buddy I played with in the late 70,s.Just waiting to hear back.

Thanks

Oh I forgot.

Is there any local jr.hockey going on those days? Rangers playing?

I would love to travel to Newhamburg to watch a game.

Edited by misfish

Lotsa Jr at all levels from Major on down. Take yer pick. I can't remember if NH has any kind of Jr team these days. I should. It's only a 10 minute drive but with so many teams around we just don't need to drive anywhere. We have a strong Jr B club here in Stratford. They've been pulling a Toronto the last few years but before that they were among the best pretty consistently with the likes of Chris Pronger & Eddy Olczek among the host of quality players who spent a year or two here. If we want Major we just have to drive a few miles down the road to Kitchener. You're only a very quick drive from the Kitchener arena when you're in Cambridge. It's right off the Parkway.

JF

I can't remember if NH has any kind of Jr team these days. I should. It's only a 10 minute drive

Ya they do.I just got off the phone ,after chatting for 30 minutes with my old friend.They dont play out of the old hanger anymore(thats where I played back when).They play accross the HWY.I remember when we were called the Huans back then.After that, they were called the Spirit.Thier called the fighting wings or something.Dont remember what he said.It was just nice to chat after 15 years.

Sadly,it turns out he,s leaving for NFLD on the Monday,not returning til Friday.

We have plans to hook up in January,when Im back up there for a two day training.

Im sure the hotel were staying at, will have up to date happenings.

Edited by misfish

For places to eat it has just about everything. Nothing special, nothing horrible (that I know of). Are you taking the course @ B&W?

For Hockey, Jr. B is Saturday night but on Wednesday the Kitchener Rangers are playing the Guelph Storm. Just a short Drive to the arena.

For places to eat it has just about everything. Nothing special, nothing horrible (that I know of). Are you taking the course @ B&W?

For Hockey, Jr. B is Saturday night but on Wednesday the Kitchener Rangers are playing the Guelph Storm. Just a short Drive to the arena.

http://www.robotics.ca/index_top.htm

If you get the chance to see a game at the old barn in Galt, where the Winterhawks play, don't miss it. This building is the oldest one in North America and pre-dates MLG.

I can't believe they're still playing there. It was old when I played. It should be a museum now, or be in one. :P

JF

It's in great shape. I watch the Winter Hawks play there almost every weekend.

I haven't been inside since I last coached about 20 years ago. I love old style arenas. We have a classic here in Stratford. The've poured a lot of money into it which is almost unfortunate because they are getting farther and farther away from what it once was. I remember years ago a buddy of mine came back with his kid's team to play some exhibition games with our kids. He said he had played in every professional arena in North America (at the time) and there wasn't a nicer old style arena in existance.

JF