Simply Fishing Television/Magazine

simplyfishing

I apologize for not initially engaging the forum in a different way. I appreciate any and all comments, questions or opinions about the show and the magazine. Of course I did state counter arguments to a few points made by a few of the members, but believe me it’s not because I’m defensive. If this were the case, what kind of journalist would I be?

Once again, I welcome everyone’s opinions. Positive or negative, it’s all very helpful. For me to not respond with my own opinion would be a failure to participate in the discussion. As for the “PS” part of my initial message, that was not a means of promoting the TV show. I was responding to comments made about the integrity of the show and the fish that are caught on the show.

All of this said, thank you everyone for your discussion. As editor, my main priority is getting opinions about the magazine. I mentioned the TV show because it is the root of the magazine, when in fact I have essentially nothing to do with the TV show. To all of the administrators, thank you for having me on your network and I look forward to future dialogue. I will contact your advertising department for future direct promotion of the magazine and further guidelines.

Regards!

The time stamp is within a minute of my post.... looks like I can call Botbot off now :clapping:

You will definately fit in with this crowd Josh,.... U made a mistake and Manned up.

Welcome aboard....

Hope to see some of YOUR fish too ;)

Welcome to the OFC Josh,

I've been in Marketing for the last 20 years and this is a real and honest reaction of todays consumers.

What I might have suggested is to get some actual positive feedback from a valuable source like OFC members (a lot of $$$ power here) is post a link under contest and provide 25 free copies of the latest magizine and then follow up with each member with a list of selected focused question depending on what type of information your looking to get feedback on.

I spend my days sifting through market research and focus group feedback looking for the next diamond in the rough and fully understand how difficult and competitive some fields are especially when comparing grass roots companies to larger coproration in the same market. Everybodies looking for an edge to sell more product.

Hope you find what you're looking at and here's my two cents. Your magazine has poor if any retail distribution up here. Can't say I've ever seen it on the shelf. As far as the show, I'd agree with most and say from an overall tone it's bit too much like a long commercial.

Fang and others,

I suppose I should let you know, as it's a common misconception: The magazine is completely, 100% digital and free. There is no subscription and it's all online -- no print run. This is because when it was started we saw the importance of digital media and the impending decline of print because of operating costs and the popularity of the Internet.

As far as the show, I will pass the words on to the powers that be in that realm.

Marketing sure is a beast to be fought!

Thanks everyone, and pictures etc. are to come!

PS: Simply Fishing Television is the only fishing show shot in real time, with no secret editing or trick shots, and the lures in fact work very well for fishing trophy muskies. Take all of that in consideration before becoming harsh critics.

I unfortunately have not seen the show to make any kind of comment but I'm not exactly sure what you're implying here but I've worked with a few different shows over the years and to lay claim as the "only" .....Please enlighten me.

Cheers,

Dave

A line will not be wet unless the camera is rolling. All of the catches are filmed in real time with no editing or tricks or splicing. What you see is what you get. I tell you what, all you camera guys out there sure deserve some respect. It's very tiring holding that big camera in the boat all day for months on end.

Perhaps it's not the only show done this way, but that's what I'm told. What other shows are done like this?

Cheers

Guest gbfisher

I guess the show will be action packed ....with commercials. ;) ... Hell I doubt even Daves show is done live.... :lol:

I know the last show I did was full of fish. Not one caught by the stars though... :rolleyes: but you only need 5 fish for a show.

They only make it if they have character. :D The rest die a slow death. :jerry:

Edited by gbfisher