LET THE FISH REST

badman187

you might want to rethink you forum choice if your complaining and take up knitting .. "no sheep were harmed in the making of these mittens" .. coming to a fishing site and telling people to stop fishing for the beloved smallmouth cause they need time to rest .. give it up and join a P3TA site

haaaaaaaaa verygood

I like fishing for bass from October to May on lake Erie U.S side.Lots of fish and nobody around.It dose not seem to hurt that fishery. It also show that the bass feed all year long.I think they should close it from May to the end of July. When bass are nestig and protecting there young..

Let me get out a couple more times before the season ends for Muskie.. before you want the season shortened for them as well. Your better halfs name isn't Pam by chance... :dunno:

I say kill all the Muskie and give us big Asain Carp lol You dont needs lures just a boat and a crash helmet lol

Catching them in July and August does far more harm than catching them now. Smallies are very prevalent everywhere and even where fishing is allowed all year, there is no shortage of them.

and dont see any probleme fishing for small mouth in a small mouth INFESTED erea!?!?!? :dunno::dunno:

If your so concern about fishing dont fish at all.

you enjoi fishing i enjoi fishing.

we all casue ''some '' damadge some way.

are you telling me you never killed a BASS??? :blahblah1::blahblah1:

OH.. PA LEASE!

I know our season for fishing is short enough but maybe thats why the fishing is so great in Ontario?It must be putting a huge strain on a fish especially a smallmouth that has just been hooked in the middle of november,now that fish just fought for its life and wasted all that energy its been saving up.Oh ya and regurgitated all that food its been tryin to store,so know how is that fish supposed to catch up before a cold front hits?Let them rest

What's your point??? Are you a tree huger of some sort :dunno:

It's open season til end March for bass up here :blush:

I don't fish for bass when they're not in season..... but when they are..... that's what I do ;)

Leechman

What's your point??? Are you a tree huger of some sort :dunno:

It's open season til end March for bass up here :blush:

I don't fish for bass when they're not in season..... but when they are..... that's what I do ;)

Leechman

Thanks for the comment snapper face stick to making useless lures insted of comedy.

Thanks for the comment snapper face stick to making useless lures insted of comedy.Close your eyes open your mouth a bit and its a spittin image of you womens hole

that crap just isnt needed here and neither are you, time to grow the hell up and realize your opinion is completly looked at as a bad one learn to take a bit of critisism and you may make it a little bit farther in life.

I think it's time for ya to toss this :asshat: Rick. and i dont think that;s an opinion that will be rejected by others.

Matt!

I can understand a person's concern for a species of fish. But, smallmouth bass in Ontario are doing fine with the fishing pressure they have now. Not many people eat them and they are a hardy fish. Too many bass can actually be detrimental to the fishing quality because they tend to stay small if there are too many of them. On top of that, small bass do not feed on large prey that are most often nuisance fish to begin with. When the nuisance fish get large, they do a lot of damage to the biomass and the bass have a hard time regaining their place in the structure of the fish population.

Here in Quebec, the smallmouth bass are much smaller and from what I can see, more people eat them than in Ontario. Catch and release is not as popular in Quebec as it is in Ontario.

Luckily, bass have a great survival rate after getting caught. As for feeding, they don't seem to have any problems in that department....all the bass that I have seen were quite plump.

North Western Ontario.....seems to me to be about the furthest north that bass are found. Are these natural waters for smallmouth bass? Maybe not protecting bass in that area would be good for brook trout and walleye who are in their natural habitat.

I am not a biologist but I do know that there is more to the management of sport fish than arbitrairily (spelling?) all sport fish equally.