A Great Week of Chrome

ranger520vx

Yes it was a great week to get away alone to drift some real special strain of Chrome known as the Chambers Creek strain that originated in Washington State. Very few places have this strain available on the Eastern Coast of North America but I understand from a reliable source it is being experimented with for introduction in the Grey Bruce area.

This year has seen low water in many places but at some point, this strains biological clock trumps local conditions and large pushes of Chrome begin to show up. Fast tailouts of large deep pools were the ticket along with small 2 egg sacks in natural tones using quality Flurocarbon, clear floats along with sharp hooks.

Met some real amazing centerpin anglers from around the planet and shared stories and tricks between hookups or over a few pops by a campfire. I have a new found passion to try 2 handed Spey Rod fishing because it was just so cool to watch masters swing lines across and hookup on large Steelhead.

I was able to also enjoy relative solitude by walking off the beaten path a little further then most were willing to to really connect with nature in all it forms.

DSCN0843.JPG

DSCN0851.JPG

Get out and drift some Chrome before the ice moves in!!