Flasher VS Fishfinder

basketclam

Why?

It's better for me... i like it more... i've taken my lcd sonar/flasher and i wasn't too impressed...

3 colors as opposed to way more.... interference/screen clutter...

I can screw up the screen on an lcd sonar/flasher with my marcum... by fishing to close...

i don't have that issue with my marcum...

it's personal preference again...

like i said, if i wanted year round use, i'd by an lcd sonar

for ice fishing, i'll stick with my flasher...

Great info, thanks. I just purchased a Humminbird Ice 45, and I'm thinking of returning it. I like the idea of seeing what's passed by your bait when you weren't looking.

Anyone using a fish finder with GPS and maping chips? Any problems?

Edited by redsfishin

It's better for me... i like it more... i've taken my lcd sonar/flasher and i wasn't too impressed...

I can screw up the screen on an lcd sonar/flasher with my marcum... by fishing to close...

Oh....lol

It seems that flashers are the way to go for ice fishing but LCD is better for year round fishing. Now if you had a 600W RMS lcd unit then the marcum unit would be all screwed up since the power output is more then 2X. On that note if you want to fish alone then my suggestion is to get a 1000W RMS unit and you won't have to worry about anyone fishing anywhere near you...LOL

i've fished next to humminbird 787 and have cause very noticable interference on their screen it's 4000W compared to my marcums 2000W

That's interesting because it means that either yours has greater then 2000W of power or the Humminbird is less then 4000W of power. At 4000W the element would have to be 2" because a 1" element could not handle that kind of power at least not for long. If the humminbird has a 18 degree cone then it cannot be 4000W of power. You may have opened up a can of worms here.

I just checked the specs on a 787 and they show the cone angle at -10db which is way outside of the industry standard of -3db. In other words they are trying to make their fishfinder appear to have a wider cone angle, very suspect. It is likely the 4000 Watts P2P is on the 83khz and not the 200khz side. So given this information I could see how a marcum would mess with this humminbird unit.