A few pics

bigfish1965

Wow---That's really something Rick.

Did'nt know you were also a shutterbug as well as an internet guy.

Is that 1st pic of your new girlfriend that likes to fish?---If so you really, really need to go buy a lottery ticket cause they say luck like that comes in 3's.

Very nice effects on all the pics.

Bushart

Thanks Dan!

One of the things about having a point and shoot is that you really have to pay attention cause you don't have complete control of the camera. That actually helped me learn about light and composition. The other good thing is you really get to learn photoshop to fix all your mistakes. :)

I didn't set out to shoot people at all...I wanted to do stuff like you and Brandon do. But it just kinda went this way. Can't wait to get a real camera!

Nice pictures Rick. The biggest drawback of the point and shoot and I cut my teeth on the Nikon F's of the seventies, is the ability to selective focus. I guess maybe any autofocus, even a slr, locks on to components of a picture that are not the actual subject, leaving the main subject out of focus. I don't know if it is my 60 year old eyes or the limitations of the digital screen or viewfinder on a point and shoot, but I just can't seem to nail the point of focus even manually with a point and shoot that I could with the older ground glass screens of a film slr. Still the point and shoots of today, especially the high ratio zooms, are incredible pieces of technology to some one who started with manual focus , centre the needle exposure SLR's of the past. The biggest hurdle to using a point and shoot, is realizing where their limitations exist and then avoiding the situation or finding a way to overcome it.