How to Register your Kawartha Ice Hut.

Michael_Brown

Here’s the process for registering an ice hut.

Anglers can call our MNR office (705-755-2001) or email ([email protected]). Anglers need to provide:

their full name,

address,

phone number,

date of birth, and

outdoors card number.

EMAIL IS PREFERRED where possible, if calling have the information available and leave it on the voicemail if you get it. Please let people know that we expect a lot of requests, so it may take 2-3 weeks to process and get them a number, so don’t leave it to the last minute. There is no fee for registration, and anglers only need a single number for multiple huts. Details on how the number needs to be displayed will be provided. Portable huts less than 7m squared don’t need to be registered. For FMZ 17, the hut removal date is March 1 – all of which will be included in the regulation summary when it’s released.

One thing I would like to communicate that ice hut owners need to act responsibly, and make sure the huts are off the ice. Making sure the huts are properly blocked to reduce the chance of them being frozen in, keeping them in areas where ice isn’t rapidly deteriorating, etc.

Reflective materials are probably a good suggestion too.

Guest skeeter99
I got a hut number when this first became law up here. I haven't had one out in years. Is my number still good?

the number is yours for life and can be transferred to another person with some paperwork filled out