Where to buy Pre-Tied Roe bags?

jaysonmarion@gmail.com

a friend of mine had one of those contraptions in the early 80s ...same idea but the platforms were made of wood...i tried it and made it through three bags in the time i could have tied at least ten by hand....he offered to give it to me for free...i declined as i couldnt see the need for one

i wonder if it was because of the broken egg juice soaking into the wood the reason they now make them in stainless....what a reek !

roe bag tying is a chore that you must be able to do without a machine ...i find myself lately tying on the banks of rivers...because i have been experimenting with curing formulas

Doesn't that equate to about 60/hour? where is the benefit? are they better quality? I highly doubt it!!! must be some drawbacks? I usually do 2 sets of 30,....ok start the clock...lay out newspaper,..lay out paper towel,...lay out 30 squares of colours I want,...take my plastic spoon and drop any where from 1 to 6 eggs, depending on my plan,...then tie em up one by one, snip me all at the end. Its kindof like a production line. tell us how your Contraption works please....

I need to hear more about this device, if it doesnt produce better bags faster, then is it made for the half blind or feeble? lol,..or whats the story? I have a buddy that doesnt see the greatest so he uses some sort of hook tying device,..I've never looked to closely at it, but all I know is I retie about 10x faster and probably better with one eye closed, lol.

You time yourself when you make bags? I didn't realize I had a time limit when I sat down in front of the couch.

Tieing roe bags is serious business!!!

It's pretty self explanitory, you really need me to explain it to you?

Lay net on top, put eggs in, pull lever, tie off bag/cut.

Done.

Ultyma316: I just secure it to the table/whatever with 3 strips of packing tape..

Edited by BillM

Here's the machine in action.

As for the way I tie roe bags, I have one of those orange Melnak Bait makers for tying bags up with. I got one for Christmas when I was 12-13. I threw away the metal gate thingy and just use the hole in the orange plastic base. Put your sack material over top of the hole, put eggs in the middle, shove the eggs down into the middle of the hole with a finger and the mesh or scarfing folds up nice. Grasp the sack material just above the eggs, twist once and tie off with spider thread a couple times. Cut or snap the thread off and cut off excess sack material. The guys at the local shop have a roe tying table and do it this way...They've got 50 holes on their table to put mesh and eggs over which speeds things up even faster. Sure faster (at least for me) using the baitmaker base to fold the mesh up than trying to fiddle around with it on a flat table or the palm of your hand.

As other guys have said, it's a lot cheaper to tie up your own bags and far more versatile.

Thanks for posting that,...I see what it is now,...For me personally it has no use, not that it has thing to do with the machine, but did you see the size of those stumps Granny was leaving on the tied bags,..lol....bigger than the bags themselves,...also with spider wire there is no need to tie a knot,...Im betting I can tie better bags faster with my fingers than I could with that machine any old day of the week. thanks for confirming it is for the half blind and feeble,..lol

You time yourself when you make bags? I didn't realize I had a time limit when I sat down in front of the couch.

Tieing roe bags is serious business!!!

It's pretty self explanitory, you really need me to explain it to you?

Lay net on top, put eggs in, pull lever, tie off bag/cut.

Done.

Ultyma316: I just secure it to the table/whatever with 3 strips of packing tape..

Yes I have timed myself,...just to work out the Math,..Sorry Im a scientist, cant help it,..lol, but apparently you have also. Now after seeing that machine in the video,..So hilarious that it was Grandma using it,...I can indeed see who it was invented for Blind, feeble and sausage fingers,..lol,...mine are half way there, but I have dexterity. Bill why do you sit in front of the couch instead of on it? I like to watch TV or talk on the phone with earpeice in while I do it. Does sitting on the floor help? lol

Yes I have timed myself,...just to work out the Math,..Sorry Im a scientist, cant help it,..lol, but apparently you have also. Now after seeing that machine in the video,..So hilarious that it was Grandma using it,...I can indeed see who it was invented for Blind, feeble and sausage fingers,..lol,...mine are half way there, but I have dexterity. Bill why do you sit in front of the couch instead of on it? I like to watch TV or talk on the phone with earpeice in while I do it. Does sitting on the floor help? lol

Whoops, that would be sitting infront of the TV! lol

Watching that vid is painful, I think I would have had a bag tied before she even got the spoon out of the container!

I'll rip off a 100 in an hour the next time I sit down, maybe more... just for you.

Watching that vid is painful, I think I would have had a bag tied before she even got the spoon out of the container!

I'll rip off a 100 in an hour the next time I sit down, maybe more... just for you.

tell ya what ..ill supply the spawn and netting ....could ya rip off a 100 for me too???? man i miss my son !

Now your talkin,....but seriously,..Im not Jammin the device as Im sure it has its use for some poeple,....Is that how you learned to tie so you just stuck with it? Im having difficulty with the benefits? Im curious, no Jabs for once,..lol, Wait that wasnt your wife in the video was it? lol...Just kidding.

Could speed tying roe bags be the next Olympic sport? I’d spend 30 minutes of my life watching it and cheering on some of Canada’s finest :D

As for the bags that the lady was tying up with the machine, in chartreuse or hot pink, I’m sure they’d be deadly in stained water…Could save you from needing yarn for added bulk and silhouette fishing double double ;)

When I tie bags, I usually sit in front of the TV and watch the hockey game…Doesn’t matter if it takes me 10 minutes to do a few dozen bags or 3hrs to do the same amount…I’m there anyway watching the Leafs get destroyed :lol:

Now your talkin,....but seriously,..Im not Jammin the device as Im sure it has its use for some poeple,....Is that how you learned to tie so you just stuck with it? Im having difficulty with the benefits? Im curious, no Jabs for once,..lol, Wait that wasnt your wife in the video was it? lol...Just kidding.

My oldman had one of these things years ago, I've always used it to tie bags.

I'm not married, but that might have been my grandmother!

call this number for fresh brown or rainbow row. it's in erin ontario. $100.00 a liter. that's a lot of eggs.

HOLY RIPOFF BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by BillM

Could speed tying roe bags be the next Olympic sport? I’d spend 30 minutes of my life watching it and cheering on some of Canada’s finest :D

As for the bags that the lady was tying up with the machine, in chartreuse or hot pink, I’m sure they’d be deadly in stained water…Could save you from needing yarn for added bulk and silhouette fishing double double ;)

When I tie bags, I usually sit in front of the TV and watch the hockey game…Doesn’t matter if it takes me 10 minutes to do a few dozen bags or 3hrs to do the same amount…I’m there anyway watching the Leafs get destroyed :lol:

lol,..However if it is 11pm after finalizing the plan during touch and go weather and you are getting up at 5am,...time is definately a factor, for me atleast,..I usually try to have well over a hundred in many sizes and colours at the ready,...but in sept/october its usually a different ballgame. not sure about your comment on the stumps,...that logic would suggest yarn soaked in Roe juice,..hmmmmmmmm, interesting,...might have to try that ;)

it's a fish farm and he has a liscence to sell the eggs. they are quality eggs. i don't think it's a bad deal. it sounds expensive, but they're brown or rainbow eggs. not salmon. if any one wants them, get them soon because he won't be spawning them much longer.

it's a fish farm and he has a liscence to sell the eggs. they are quality eggs. i don't think it's a bad deal. it sounds expensive, but they're brown or rainbow eggs. not salmon. if any one wants them, get them soon because he won't be spawning them much longer.

Just talked to the Guy,..sounds Legit,..you should really remove the phone number from your post. ;)