Deer Hunt Report - Nov 7th 2009

Leecher

No luck this year in seeing any deers. Weather's been strange, from warm to cold, rain to snow....

Hadn't have time to build a tree stand this year so I had to position myself on the ground.

Here's a shot of where I was

DSC02668.jpg

Nice and comfy but somewhat cold without protection from the elements of a nice tree stand. Took some shots of the view I had from ground control.

This one from my left

DSC02666.jpg

and this one from my right

DSC02667.jpg

These shots were taken before the snow started to come down. Here they are after....

From my left

DSC02670.jpg

From my right

DSC02671.jpg

We got dumped on pretty hard and when this storm cleared up, temps dropped down to -10C :w00t:

I really thought it would get the deer moving but unfortunately for us, had a bear roaming the area :wallbash:

and ate all the apples that we had stashed in specific areas for the deers. It was still nice to be out there in the bush.... would of been nice to tag a buck but alas was not meant to be :(

Hope you guys enjoy

Leechman

Looks lke a great spot.Lots of cover for them with some good opening for shots.

Thanks for sharing bud.

Bring the snow.

Thanks Brian!!! Definitely a good spot with opportunities.... Don't think snow is on the menu for you guys down there but it sure would get them deers moving with some below zero temps.

Good luck to you!!!

Jacques

dont worry man youll get him eventually, i just got back from hunting, we always hunt the last week as theres way less pressure, me and my dad hunt a piece of private land thats maybe 5km by 5km and we were all alone..i had my trail cams set up, quite a few does coming but only at night!! had a 10 point on cam but never to be seen during the day until our last day there but my dad couldent get a clear shot, we hunt the same style of sloppy bush like you up near st donat. better luck next year..

dont worry man youll get him eventually, i just got back from hunting, we always hunt the last week as theres way less pressure, me and my dad hunt a piece of private land thats maybe 5km by 5km and we were all alone..i had my trail cams set up, quite a few does coming but only at night!! had a 10 point on cam but never to be seen during the day until our last day there but my dad couldent get a clear shot, we hunt the same style of sloppy bush like you up near st donat. better luck next year..

Thanks Carl!!! Too bad that your father couldn't get a shot on that 10 pointer... would of been nice for the freezer.

My brother and I were in new territory this year, had 23 acres of private land to hunt. A lot of pine and spruce trees that the deer can hide in. Had a bear that ate the apples that we had setup in specific areas for the deer.... never seen him during the day and never seen any deers either :wallbash:

Ah well, there's always next year.... looking forward to it already :lol:

Jacques

yea tell me about it i cant wait too...i think im going to get my bow and cross bow license to give me an extra 3-4 weeks of hunting...sounds like you guys need atleaast 2 more hunters so you can pass the rake through the thick bush and flush them out...

Edited by carll2

i think im going to get my bow and cross bow license

You guys need a licence to bow hunt?

Here you can hunt a buck with a bow anywhere,as long as you buy a deer tag.

If you want to shoot a doe,you need to apply for the anterles for an area.

Nice buck pic.

TFS

You guys need a licence to bow hunt?

Here you can hunt a buck with a bow anywhere,as long as you buy a deer tag.

If you want to shoot a doe,you need to apply for the anterles for an area.

Nice buck pic.

TFS

we have to go pass a special safety test apart from your gun courses that you take to be certified. a complete day of teaching about bow and arrow and then the written test and then the target practice test...once your certified to either bow hunt or cross bow hunt you have a special code on your hunters card.

we have to go pass a special safety test apart from your gun courses that you take to be certified. a complete day of teaching about bow and arrow and then the written test and then the target practice test...once your certified to either bow hunt or cross bow hunt you have a special code on your hunters card.

WOW

You know what,that sounds like a very good idea.Nothing wrong about knowing how to and when to.

I myself,would :clapping: something like that here.

Safer shooting and better % kill shots.

Thanks for the insight. :canadian:

Thanks Carl for the info.... I'm no bow hunter but was just reading what you said above on the QMNR site about the special code on the card needed for that type of hunting :)